+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hegazi on the move.

I hope it’s all paper talk, who in their right minds would want to sell one of our most consistent performers, if he goes then it definitely shows the ambition of the club, no wonder Jenkins left, he probably knew what was coming.
    If the club want to get rid of dead wood, a lot of money could be saved by getting shot of the likes of Austin, Phillips, Bartley, Gibbs and the useless Welsh International.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    I hope it’s all paper talk, who in their right minds would want to sell one of our most consistent performers, if he goes then it definitely shows the ambition of the club, no wonder Jenkins left, he probably knew what was coming.
    If the club want to get rid of dead wood, a lot of money could be saved by getting shot of the likes of Austin, Phillips, Bartley, Gibbs and the useless Welsh International.

I would agree with all that Bomber! I hope the Welsh International takes extra car in his recovery so we can see him back in May

To be honest I'm getting fed up with the continual knocking of HRK. Yes, have a go at those other two useless strikers, Austin and Zohore, but give HRK a break. Without him, I doubt if we'd have got promotion last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    To be honest I'm getting fed up with the continual knocking of HRK. Yes, have a go at those other two useless strikers, Austin and Zohore, but give HRK a break. Without him, I doubt if we'd have got promotion last year!

Every one is entitled to an opinion Leicester! HRK worked hard pre lockdown but still did not know where the net was but after lockdown he's been consistently s hite! I didn't rate Austin in the championship and too slow in the Premier but still would rather have Austin than HRK - he at least knows where the net is!

No room in a ruthless world for those who try! Since Gayle and Jay Rod left - it was obvious to even a chap with a white stick that we were lacking in the ruthless striker position and had these two been replaced like for like - we would have been promoted with games to spare. Suddenly people start waking up and come to the conclusion our three strikers are not good enough - well the majority of supporters saw this as clear as day, when Gayle and Jay Rod were not replaced like for like. These two are still doing fine in the Premier which tells a story!

HRK for me is an average player at best for the championship and doubt he would even get back in the Reading side who are flying and discarded him!

Nice chap though and tries hard and lives on the sole goal for an international side who are no better than an average championship side at best!
    Last edited by baggieal; 25-10-2020 at 06:42 PM.

HRK was only ever going to be a squad player when he arrived.
    I think he gets too much stick on here from some.
    Actually we do owe him a debt of gratitude…
    Last season the main strikers who were to spearhead our attack let everyone down badly.
    Thankfully HRK did actually raise his game and was an integral and dependable player for us thank goodness. He scored more from open play that the other two combined
    So he did step us when asked and raised his game.
    But yes it was never going to last was it, and after lockdown his form really dipped back.

So all in all HRK is as many have said ... crap, any other manager than the blinkered Bilic would have had him out of the door seasons ago

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    HRK was only ever going to be a squad player when he arrived.
    I think he gets too much stick on here from some.
    Actually we do owe him a debt of gratitude…
    Last season the main strikers who were to spearhead our attack let everyone down badly.
    Thankfully HRK did actually raise his game and was an integral and dependable player for us thank goodness. He scored more from open play that the other two combined
    So he did step us when asked and raised his game.
    But yes it was never going to last was it, and after lockdown his form really dipped back.
    Fair point......well put...

Seems like Hegazi is on £70k per week .... so given we have Bartley and Ajayi it may make sense ..... but he did well alongside Ivanovic the other night ..... maybe Bilic played him to put him in the shop window......

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCont...letes-loan.asp
    He's gone.
    He did ok for us, but remember he put off an operation so he could play for his national team last summer knowing he would miss many matches for us. Don't think it will be a big miss.

To all those who don't rate HRK, I've never stated that he's the answer to our striking problems, all that I am saying is that he deserves more credit than he receives. We all realise that he's not an out and out striker but he had to step up to the plate because of the poor return of the other two.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)