+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hegazi on the move.

Back to the original post. It looks as if Hegazi has gone, initially on loan. Just doesn't make sense. It does make you wonder who is actually running the club. Whoever it is, they're not making a 'good fist of it'.

Most will know I’m not Hegazi’s greatest fan but if this is true it is a truly dismal situation and Bilic must be fuming.

The only caveat for me is that he’s spent a lot of time injured over the last 18 months.

Maybe there’s a free agent out there who could come in.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCont...letes-loan.asp
    He's gone.
    He did ok for us, but remember he put off an operation so he could play for his national team last summer knowing he would miss many matches for us. Don't think it will be a big miss.
    Hegazi also wanted to move last January and when the club refused their was an incident at the training ground involving him and another player that meant he was dropped from the squad for 1 game due to disciplinary action, I wasn't his biggest fan he looked ok in a Tony Pulis defense as we defended so do deep but he struggled when we wanted him to push up and if it's true he was on 70k a week then I'm not surprised we let him go.

Sorry to see him go but totally can understand why.

Not an automatic choice and numerical at least we have enough central defenders without him. If his wages are anywhere near what is being reported we need to take this opportunity as can’t see any other big earners moving anytime soon.

Also as others have said never felt he totally committed to us ahead of his national commitments and for me a very good Championship player but not quick enough for the PL, except for the likes of Burnley.

With Hegazi gone, who would you play alongside Ivanovic? Bartley, O'Shea or Ajewi. I'm not convinced by any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I suspect the report is utter b@ll@cks.
    Famous last words based on the squashed rumours of the previous week. If the numbers I've read elsewhere are correct then I can understand the decision to let him go but the timing seems off. Here's hoping Kipre steps up to the plate when required. Tara Ahmed.

Sorry, forgot about Kipre but again, yet to be convinced!

I just hope that the next departure from The Albion isn’t Slaven Bilic. Having insisted just last week that Hegazi was staying and the Club then sells him a few days later, makes Slaven look like he doesn’t know what’s going on. Well, he probably doesn’t!

I liked Hegazi, and thought he and Ivanovic looked solid v Burnley. But if press stories are accurate this deal is worth £10m to us. Our squad is imbalanced, we seem to have 6 centre halves but we're light up front and at full back.

And £10m is a lot of money for us right now.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I really like Ajayi. I don't think 3 at the back suited him and I think he could step in.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I just hope that the next departure from The Albion isn’t Slaven Bilic. Having insisted just last week that Hegazi was staying and the Club then sells him a few days later, makes Slaven look like he doesn’t know what’s going on. Well, he probably doesn’t!

Seems a backward step for me selling Hegazi as he's better than Bartley and Semi! If we only paid 2.5 million this year for Grant and recouped 4 million for Hegazi and moved his wage off the payrole, plus 1 million for Leko, and moved huge salaries like Barry and Brunt off the payrole - in this financial year in the Premier our net expenditure is poor for the money coming in.

We still have Austin on 70K a week and Zohore on 50K a week which Millwall most likely are paying a contribution and he returns in January.

It begs the question - who the f uck is running the club!!! Lets see what team Bilic puts out tonight and I bet the beloved Sawyers starts again with Gallagher on the bench - I can just see it coming!!! What super subs or not will be lined up to come on? Just hope Phillips does not make the coach journey!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)