+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hegazi on the move.

70k a week or not it’s a disgrace, far better than Bartley, Ajayi or Kipre, going down with the poorest Premier team we have ever had, no wonder Jenkins left, under this penny pinching regime League 1 beckons.
    Does anyone think we’ll see a tenth of the Hegazi money? Nobody of any substance will want to come to us in Jan when we are rock bottom with 10 points.
    WBA FC showing the white flag already, Lai out!
    Last edited by Bombers right foot; 26-10-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    70k a week or not it’s a disgrace, far better than Bartley, Ajayi or Kipre, going down with the poorest Premier team we have ever had, no wonder Jenkins left, under this penny pinching regime League 1 beckons.
    Does anyone think we’ll see a tenth of the Hegazi money? Nobody of any substance will want to come to us in Jan when we are rock bottom with 10 points.
    Hey Bomber, you’re being something of an optimist this morning, 10 points!

Is this a bit of an emotional post.

Is this squad worse than the Megson one when we first come up?

Is Hegazi far better than Ajayi?

Ajayi started more games than Hegazi last season and for me was one of our players of the season. He's had 3 games in the prem against difficult opponents playing in an alien back 3. I seem to remember Hegazi playing about 15 games last season and making a couple of howlers.

Ajayi is younger, quicker and with much more potential.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a weaker squad without Hegazi but I think you're basing this of the last couple of games. Not on the whole of last season.

Hegazi is better than Bartley, I'd agree there. But I've not seen enough of Kipre to say either way.

Why not wait and see after a few games. We've got 3 new players who have come into the spine of the side v Burnley who all looked like they will improve us.

I am disappointed he has left after looking good against Burnley. However, if it saves us £10m I can see the logic. When you look at Saints beating Everton and Leicester winning at Arsenal, I think you can make allowances for our early results, especially given we didn't have Ivanovic, Gallaher and Grant playing. Brighton will be a good test and I am quite hopeful we can get a good result.

Goodbye and thanks Slaven. You don't need to take this crap

I'm not on Facebook but I can imagine it's going off it's tits at the moment. Can anyone confirm 😊 ?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Is this a bit of an emotional post.

Is this squad worse than the Megson one when we first come up?

Is Hegazi far better than Ajayi?

Ajayi started more games than Hegazi last season and for me was one of our players of the season. He's had 3 games in the prem against difficult opponents playing in an alien back 3. I seem to remember Hegazi playing about 15 games last season and making a couple of howlers.

Ajayi is younger, quicker and with much more potential.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a weaker squad without Hegazi but I think you're basing this of the last couple of games. Not on the whole of last season.

Hegazi is better than Bartley, I'd agree there. But I've not seen enough of Kipre to say either way.

Why not wait and see after a few games. We've got 3 new players who have come into the spine of the side v Burnley who all looked like they will improve us.
    Totally understand your well written and erudite post, if we were in the Championship then no problem, we could bring on Ajayi and Kipre, but Hegazi has Premiership experience, yes he looked a bit rusty v Burnley but was an upgrade on the previous games, I would have kept him until the end of the season, then rebuilt around Ajayi and Kipre next season in the Championship

Totally understand your well written and erudite post, if we were in the Championship then no problem, we could bring on Ajayi and Kipre, but Hegazi has Premiership experience, yes he looked a bit rusty v Burnley but was an upgrade on the previous games, I would have kept him until the end of the season, then rebuilt around Ajayi and Kipre next season in the Championship
    My view is the change of system helped us defensively against Burnley. Instead of having an extra centre half, we had an extra centre midfielder which allowed us to put more pressure on the ball and have more legs in the middle.

I think 4 at the back suits us more than 3 centre halves, but Ajayi hasn't yet played in a back 4 this season.

What bothers me is the effect that it could have on the credibility and morale of the manager and the squad. If the manager publicly backs a player one week the the club flog the player the following week, surely it undermines the authority of the manager?

Totally agree with you Bomber on two accounts:

1. We won't see the money so subtract this package plus Leko plus high wages of Brunt and Barry v money spent and it's shockingly poor. Add that only 2.5 millions has left the coffers for Grant in this financial year too!

2. Hegazi looked solid with Ivanovic and personally think Ajayi is weak and certainly not a Premier player along with Bartley.

Perhaps the three misfits of strikers should be off loaded especially Austin and Zohore! Does anyone really think Millwall are picking up the full 50K a week!!! Austin will be content on 70K a week to keep eating pies before a final romance with the MLS!

We will end up getting what we deserve - relegation and then Lai can pocket the parachute payments and sell the assets ( players )

Not happy!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)