Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
We do not put teams to the sword when we should. Apart from a few games against lesser teams, like last season season in Europe, we haven't scored more than 3 since Nuno's been here. We play too slow, don't get numbers into the box or have enough support going forward. It is our achilles heel. That hasn't been to much of an issue when we set up to play counter attacking but in the games we know we are going to dominate it is a big issue. I am furious we threw today's game away. Newcastle had no intention of trying to win that game and didn't really even try to attack until they went a goal behind. Then they had to.....and what did we do? We let them. It's ****ing criminal! Once we scored we should have carried on pushing forward for a second but we didn't. Nuno can't be above blame or criticism and today he got it wrong. Podence should not have been subbed. We didn't need to waste a substitution on swapping Neves when Dendonker was already doing a great job in shoring things up. Swiss is not a wing back and if Marcel was fit he should have started in the first place. Newcastle are bang average at best and at the minute Wolves have stopped moving forward. We won't go down this season and at the minute that's the best I can say about us. I'm sick of seeing and hearing pundits disregard us despite our last two seasons, and claiming if we have over- achieved....but after the last few games it's hard to disagree. We should have buried Fulham ffs but we struggled across the line. I know Nuno wants us to move away from the counter attacking side we've become renowned for but he better start making us more futhless sooner rather that later. The next window is only two months away....I think we need to use it!
hey up steve, hope you and les are both ok,

i have said on an earlier thread that this wolves side will not lot score a lot of goals.
also agree that it was a strange decision taking podence off, he was the only threat to a " not bothered "'newcy side.
deffo 2 points lost here.
too late now , but we should not have let jota go.