+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Covid - reality - the lies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I read the full transcript of Sumption's letter, it is impossible to ignore the fact we are experiencing an unprecedented power grab by a Cabal of Conservative and Unionist Cabinet Minister Dangerous to Democracy Cretins.

unfortunately (and worryingly) BT....many are finding it very easy to ignore - Cue Sumption.

There are, I would suggest, at least three lessons to be learned from this dismal story.The first lesson is one to which I drew attention in my BBC Reith lectures last year. Our society craves security. The public has unbounded confidence, which no amount of experience will dent, in the benign power of the state to protect them against an ever wider range of risks. In Britain, the lockdown was followed by a brief period in which the government’s approval ratings were sky-high. This is how freedom dies. When societies lose their liberty,it is not usually because some despot has crushed it under his boot. It is because people voluntarily surrendered their liberty out of fear of some external threat. Historically, fear has always been the most potent instrument of the authoritarian state. This is what we are witnessing today.But the fault is not just in our government. It is in ourselves. Fear provokes strident demands for abrasive action, much of which is unhelpful or damaging. It promotes intolerant conformism. It encouragesabuse directed against anyone who steps out of line, including many responsible opponents of thisgovernment’s measuresand some notable scientistswho have questioned theirempirical basis. These are the authentic ingredients of a totalitarian society.

2020: 'Government by decree - Covid-19 and the Constitution' - Lord Sumption

The 2020 Cambridge Freshfields Lecture entitled "Government by decree - Covid-19 and the Constitution" was delivered by Lord Sumption on 27 October 2020.

https://resources.law.cam.ac.uk/priv..._by_Decree.pdf

https://www.privatelaw.law.cam.ac.uk...hfieldsLecture

And Macron?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

There is a world wide pandemic.
    The UK and every other nation is struggling to control it.
    Indeed there is 59, but it kills less than 1% of those it infects, so by no stretch of even the most fevered imagination can it be described as deadly. And yet that is how it is inevitably portrayed by the media, politicians and certain members of SAGE.

Why do they lie about it ?

And of course we are struggling to contain it, the halfwits running the show, despite all the evidence to the contrary, still think it can be contained by lockdowns, it can't.

Why do they delude themselves ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    And Macron?
    a Gay bankers boy hiding behind a fake marriage...?

So now you are intimating that "they" have been UNDER-REPORTING the number of cases?

There is a world wide pandemic.
    The UK and every other nation is struggling to control it.

Oh, and sorry to tell you, but Elvis is dead. The Americans DID land on the moon. 911 was executed by disaffected members of Asian descent.
    I was intimating that 'they' have been covering up the fact that there is a big possibility that this virus was in the country before 'they' said it was.

Your sarcasm about Elvis, the moon landing, 911 etc. make no difference to me because I do not hold with conspiracy theories, however, I am very good at sorting out facts and thinking for myself and this is much easier when there is no affiliation to the politics of anyone.

I said on this thread just this morning "Yes, Covid is real, however, nobody really knows how to combat it but the Chinese will come out of this very well indeed and their Communist allies will also find their feet very quickly whilst the Western world flounders."

Such is the reality and, yes, I do know various people who have passed away with Covid, there were 6 friends in the local nursing home and all had other long-term illnesses, however, guess what they died of according to the authorities. I even carried out the funeral for one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I was intimating that 'they' have been covering up the fact that there is a big possibility that this virus was in the country before 'they' said it was.

Your sarcasm about Elvis, the moon landing, 911 etc. make no difference to me because I do not hold with conspiracy theories, however, I am very good at sorting out facts and thinking for myself and this is much easier when there is no affiliation to the politics of anyone.

I said on this thread just this morning "Yes, Covid is real, however, nobody really knows how to combat it but the Chinese will come out of this very well indeed and their Communist allies will also find their feet very quickly whilst the Western world flounders."

Such is the reality and, yes, I do know various people who have passed away with Covid, there were 6 friends in the local nursing home and all had other long-term illnesses, however, guess what they died of according to the authorities. I even carried out the funeral for one of them!
    Yes, super, the Chinese have dealt well with the virus despite being the source of it!

Sorry to hear about the people who passed away. But if they tested positive for Covid, and it's on their death cerificate, I see no reason whatever that our doctors and nurses are manipulating the figures. Why would they? If people are saying that they are being pressurised by politicians to put covid on the death cerificates then I am certain that the vast majority would not agree, and most of them would blow the whistle. I am certain that if a doctor or nurse gives covid as the reason for death, then they truly believe it.
    I may be wrong, and all the medical people are doing the bidding of the politicians, but I highly doubt it, do you?

One of the big things that angers me is the implication by some people that people over 60 are expendable, and instead of looking after them it is more important to look after the economy.

That's not the country I think we are.

Yes, super, the Chinese have dealt well with the virus despite being the source of it!

Sorry to hear about the people who passed away. But if they tested positive for Covid, and it's on their death cerificate, I see no reason whatever that our doctors and nurses are manipulating the figures. Why would they? If people are saying that they are being pressurised by politicians to put covid on the death cerificates then I am certain that the vast majority would not agree, and most of them would blow the whistle. I am certain that if a doctor or nurse gives covid as the reason for death, then they truly believe it.
    I may be wrong, and all the medical people are doing the bidding of the politicians, but I highly doubt it, do you?

One of the big things that angers me is the implication by some people that people over 60 are expendable, and instead of looking after them it is more important to look after the economy.

That's not the country I think we are.
    Merkel joins Macron with lockdown. China and Asia did that too. Deaths up again in them and UK. The lockdown plan is to protect the over 60s so sleep well 59

Cristiano Ronaldo has expressed his disgust after testing positive for coronavirus a THIRD time, which has ruled him out of the Juve-Barca game.

Now, just hours before Juve’s group stage showdown with Barcelona, Cristiano has released a message on social media confirming he is absolutely fine.

“Felling good and healthy!” he posted on Instagram along with a selfie showing himself looking well.

He then showed his anger at missing out on the big game by adding this explosive comment: “PCR is bull****’“

https://ronaldo.com/football-news/pc...positive-test/

giving him a little extra magnification...perhaps - or is it that old old harmless viral fragment...from who knows when ?

Your naivety, or simply ignorance of the facts, for someone involved in politics is astonishing 59. This is the definition of the deaths being officially counted as Covid deaths,

"Number of deaths of people who had had a positive test result for COVID-19 and died within 28 days of the first positive test."

No mention of what's on the death certificate, nothing to do with what a person actually died from, you die within 28 days of testing positive for Covid, and you're a Covid death statistic. Simple, neat little trick isn't it 59, it's fooled a lot of people besides you.

"One of the big things that angers me is the implication by some people that people over 60 are expendable, and instead of looking after them it is more important to look after the economy."

That's intriguing 59, I've never heard anyone say anything of the sort, so clearly I've missed something. Who are these people, not the Far Right again is it ? Or could it be snowflake Remainers, us old gimmers stole their future didn't we, by voting to Leave, are they now wishing death by Covid on us as revenge ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)