+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Government Contracts Handed Out During The Pandemic

Lazy people , the tests are there if you can be bothered , My mate and his wife we're tested positive last week , they went to the testing station , no queing , non attended day before at Courthouse , Carnt be arsed attitude , yet everybody seems to want to blame the government ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Lazy people , the tests are there if you can be bothered , My mate and his wife we're tested positive last week , they went to the testing station , no queing , non attended day before at Courthouse , Carnt be arsed attitude , yet everybody seems to want to blame the government ,
    My originally post isn't anything to do with the testing stations what so ever .

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    mines working i get 3 to 7 alerts a day when im out 2 or 3 when im home.
    Well I'm sure it's working fine for some people such as yourself but according to Johnson himself it's not working well as it should be .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...acts-than-ever

But my main point was why weren't these contracts offered out to tender ?

The taxpayer then has the opportunity to receive a service that is value for money and fit for purpose , this is what we are told by the private sector when they take on public sector work .

What appears to be the case is that contracts were handed out without tender to tory donors or to people closely associated with a good number of people in the government .

This is yours and myself's tax pounds by the way .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    My originally post isn't anything to do with the testing stations what so ever .
    All relates to the same thing though , looking to blame somebody or someone , what more do you expect the government to do ? , plenty have been fed and looked after whilst on furlough , Hospitality moaning they carnt survive much longer ? And yet giving free meals away , I'm all for helping the poor kids out , av been theer , Rashfords done a good job , I won't idolise him for that or his award , he's no different to the majority in this country , many have done equally or more than he has , Rich Footballer from a poor background , yea yea yea , it won't effect him in the long run nor his family though ,
    Tell the parent's , no iPhone, no Sky , no smoking , no work , that's the type we are paying for , Scroungers / Malingering shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Do you think £120 is a fair fee YB?
    I think I know what your answer will be
    fair price no its not boots dont want to test you if you have full covid symptoms the test is for people who think they've had covid

All relates to the same thing though , looking to blame somebody or someone , what more do you expect the government to do ? , plenty have been fed and looked after whilst on furlough , Hospitality moaning they carnt survive much longer ? And yet giving free meals away , I'm all for helping the poor kids out , av been theer , Rashfords done a good job , I won't idolise him for that or his award , he's no different to the majority in this country , many have done equally or more than he has , Rich Footballer from a poor background , yea yea yea , it won't effect him in the long run nor his family though ,
    Tell the parent's , no iPhone, no Sky , no smoking , no work , that's the type we are paying for , Scroungers / Malingering shyte
    You forgot to mention the fuel allowance scroungers on your list .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Booits ev stepped in to save the system.

For just £120 tha can get a Covid Test whether showing symptoms or not.

This crisis is too good an opportunity to miss out on mekkin a profit.

The result is not fed into the NHS Track and Trace Contact Database so confidentiallity is ensured if tha dunt want the result disclosed.
    Boots have been ripping off the NHS for years

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You forgot to mention the fuel allowance scroungers on your list .
    ? Care to explain Animal ? , perhaps you should also count the so called small business , who were all given 10k ? Some could never earn that amount trading , yet at least one i know bought a brand new motorcycle 9k plus out of that money , Fine for sum eh ? Too many George Hamsteads on here and BBS ! Not enough Bob Earnshaws ! Comes wi territory I suppose ,

? Care to explain Animal ? , perhaps you should also count the so called small business , who were all given 10k ? Some could never earn that amount trading , yet at least one i know bought a brand new motorcycle 9k plus out of that money , Fine for sum eh ? Too many George Hamsteads on here and BBS ! Not enough Bob Earnshaws ! Comes wi territory I suppose ,
    The furlough scheme was a tremendous help to workers and employees through a massively difficult time and you won't get me knocking it as I was a recipient for just short of 6 months .

It was also massively expensive along with all the other help that was and still is available but let's not forget either that without the furlough scheme the consequences of doing nothing would have had major implications for the economy

So in view of that wouldn't you agree that after the government have spent that kind of money it would be a good idea to pursue better value for the taxpayers money than to hand it out to their friends and donors to produce apps that don't work too well , this trace and test app cost £12bn .

A number of other pandemic contracts have gone to donors to the tory party without offered for tender .

So whose state dependent now Roma ?

The kids not getting a free school meal in the holidays despite their parents struggling and compounded by the pandemic ,

Or ,

Millionaire tory donors getting their hands on million pounds worth of contracts without having to work too hard to attain them other than grease the palms of people in government .

Whose needy and whose greedy ?

You tell me .

You appear to want to acknowledge the flaws in the system further down the food chain , no pun intended but at the same time shut down the argument completely further up the ladder .

I don't understand why you would do that .

This chap seems to be of the opinion the government have unnecessarily spent more on PPE than they needed to .

If you read the whole messages in the link the reason they did becomes a little clearer , in his opinion .

https://mobile.twitter.com/JolyonMau...77848085450752

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast