+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Congratulations Lewis Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I genuinely have no interest in F1 it has me reaching for the remote control.
    Yet you still went to the trouble of expressing your clear jealousy of Lewis Hamilton. That you think under the right circumstances you could possibly have been the greatest F1 driver of all time is absolutely hilarious. What utter delusion.

Pity he's such an arse.

At some point the car became more important than the driver with F1, it was before Hamiliton though, it may have been back in 1992 when Mansell won because he had a better car than Senna, even though Senna was the better driver.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Pity he's such an arse.

At some point the car became more important than the driver with F1, it was before Hamiliton though, it may have been back in 1992 when Mansell won because he had a better car than Senna, even though Senna was the better driver.
    gf, I was discussing this with someone yesterday, I stated had Senna not so tragically lost his life, then the record may well have been his that Hamilton was chasing yesterday. He was a truly great racing driver and Hamilton admits to modelling himself on the great man.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Pity he's such an arse.

In what way an as*e? He sticks up for his beliefs - so do you.

I dont buy the car theory btw. Always used as an excuse to knock Hamilton. Ok, it does come into it. But, the best drivers end up in the best cars and that is a fact.

Drivers still lose more time on a lap than the difference in performance of the car. In qulifying there is less than a second that separates the top 10 - probably 2 secs over the whole field. Drivers can lose a tenth by taking fractionally the wrong line on a corner (more if they break too soon or late of throttle). Managing tyers is a big factor and Hamilton does that best. Driver performance is key, slight errors costly. Day in day out Hamilton makes fewer mistakes than any other driver.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

I dont buy the car theory btw. Always used as an excuse to knock Hamilton. Ok, it does come into it. But, the best drivers end up in the best cars and that is a fact.

Drivers still lose more time on a lap than the difference in performance of the car. In qulifying there is less than a second that separates the top 10 - probably 2 secs over the whole field. Drivers can lose a tenth by taking fractionally the wrong line on a corner (more if they break too soon or late of throttle). Managing tyers is a big factor and Hamilton does that best. Driver performance is key, slight errors costly. Day in day out Hamilton makes fewer mistakes than any other driver.
    Perfect example of the tyre theory was clearly shown yesterday when Bottas was complaining about losing traction because of his tyre situation. Both he and Hamilton had set out with indentical cars and tyres but he trailed Hamilton by 25 seconds at the finish.

Even the commentators expressed how Hamilton showed Bottas how to look after your tyres in a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Perfect example of the tyre theory was clearly shown yesterday when Bottas was complaining about losing traction because of his tyre situation. Both he and Hamilton had set out with indentical cars and tyres but he trailed Hamilton by 25 seconds at the finish.

Even the commentators expressed how Hamilton showed Bottas how to look after your tyres in a race.
    He did benefit from having the best pit team

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Have a look at his Twitter account, even Sting and Bono are less self-important.

I would rather remove my wedding tackle with a rusty cheese knife than look at anything on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    I would rather remove my wedding tackle with a rusty cheese knife than look at anything on Twitter
    Don't be hasty, it's hilariously solipsistic.

He makes Ronaldo look modest.

Name:  l4.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  58.4 KB
    Name:  l3.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  61.0 KB
    Name:  l2.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  56.1 KB
    Name:  l1.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  40.1 KB

I wish to apologise to pumpkins everywhere for comparing them to Lewis Hamiton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast