+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: boot hill

Anyway seriously lads, Im going back on topic now.

Hey Wokey I know you like films, and one of my favourite films starring Robert De Niro by the way is Midnight run.

And did you know that sadly we lost two of the main stars of that film this year, the actors Charles Grodin and Yaphet Kotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It depends Abbo lad, what sort of coal are you shovelling into your computer ? lol.
    I suggest upgrading just a little bit, from Windows 95.

Now then, where is my state of the art brand spanking new beta max video player!!.
    Those were the days in the dim and distant past when the main topic of conversation was VHS or Betamax, long before Brexit or no Brexit.

Also Acido, I haven't seen Midnight Run but I will keep my lookenpeepers open. Now that I have finally retired from paid employment, I don't get the time to watch videos so much.

Thanks for the 'heads up' and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Those were the days in the dim and distant past when the main topic of conversation was VHS or Betamax, long before Brexit or no Brexit.

Also Acido, I haven't seen Midnight Run but I will keep my lookenpeepers open. Now that I have finally retired from paid employment, I don't get the time to watch videos so much. Thanks for the 'heads up' and best wishes.
    Tahh Wokey, thats nice of you to say that.
    Wow, have you never seen Midnight run ?, Im shocked lol.
    Its an all star cast late 80s film, and sadly in keeping with the thread subject, 3 of the main cast have since passed.
    Theres Charles Grodin and Yaphet Kotto as I said, and Dennis Farina also passed a few years ago as well.

My Lap top is a Dell Inspiron 15, very fast, it cost me around £800.00 about two years ago. Windows 10.. I use it mainly for Horse Racing and My athletics. It's just the operator who is a bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    My Lap top is a Dell Inspiron 15, very fast, it cost me around £800.00 about two years ago. Windows 10.. I use it mainly for Horse Racing and My athletics. It's just the operator who is a bit slow.
    Aww horse racing ehh Abbo, thats just so old hat these days lol. But come on then, give us a tip that will make me a thousandaire (I think a millionaire is being a bit greedy actually!).

Btw, are we taking this thread off topic here lol.

Jimmy Greaves, another of the 1966 squad passes. Great player, but a bit before my time. Remember him more for the Saint and Greavsie programme myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Jimmy Greaves, another of the 1966 squad passes. Great player, but a bit before my time. Remember him more for the Saint and Greavsie programme myself.
    Loved old Greavesie, not just a great player but a very likeable person too.

Double whammy today because Boycie [John Challis] passed away as well.

Another two pieces of the jigsaw of my life lost.

Greavesie was of course part of the likeable Saint & Greavesie tv double act, and it was a shame that Itv dropped them after the Euro '92 tournament.
    Surely their viewing figures were still as good, I think the majority of footy fans still wanted that show to be kept on tv.

One thing that disappointed me by the way was that he and Saint apparently didn't enjoy their time on Fantasy World cup or Euro cup, with Skinner & Baddiel. Im not sure if they were treat badly or talked down to etc.

RIP John Challis, 'Boycie'

John challis has died after a long battle with cancer.

Thanks for all the laughs John. you were just brilliant!

Robert Fyfe , Howard from one of my favorite programs Last of the Summer Wine, has died aged 90. His programme wife and Marina both passed away in 2019. He also appeared in Z Cars, The Onedin Line, Monarch of the Glen and many other shows. Yet another star joins the actors in the sky.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)