+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that are ruining the game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Apologies for missing your point entirely, shan't bother next time
    Oops! Is that an impression of one of those petulant ‘who me’ players I was talking about, GP?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Any winger that refuses to cross the ball when they reach the by-line, should be docked a weeks wages there and then.

Anyone who screams when they get tripped, has obviously snapped a bone, and should immediately be sent to a private hospital for treatment and recovery. If there's nothing wrong with them, then their wages should be docked and given to charity.
    For The Former: They should be sentenced to force-watching of a selection of Derby games from the 70's to witness the genius that was Alan Hinton

For The Latter, there should be a rugby player allowed to run on the pitch and laugh at them

I may have bored you all with this before but NFL have solutions, including regarding VAR and discipline on the pitch, which football could learn from

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    1 Diving, most definitely. If the dive is in the opponent's area then he should be shown the red card. It's a cynical ploy so his team can then be given a (perhaps) 4-6 chance of scoring.

2. A keeper collecting the ball then falling onto the ground with it for no apparent reason other than to waste time.

3. A team losing 0-2 with 5 minutes left. They score and naturally want to race back up the field and restart the game immediately. The goalkeeper holds on to the ball and grapples with a player to prevent him doing so.

4. A player hacking away at the penalty spot unnoticed by the ref and most of the other players. They are more preoccupied with someone who is being treated for what could be a severe head injury. That's Bristol City for you. Give them all a 3-match ban.

5. That dreadful Leeds song.

6. Oh, and those who sing it.
    That bloody Matt Smith climbing over everybody at corners . That dirty Cooper kicks anything that moves 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ah I missed the bit about suggesting a solution!

To #1, sadly its way too late in the day to do anything about that
    to #2, see 1 above
    to #3, Swale can sort it out
    to #4, I can only suggest that we rise up and rebel against these so called experts and turn off the TV apart from the duration of the match. Ultimately that may impact advertising revenue

May I add a 5th which possibly cannot be resolved - that is the abolition of betting on football apart from a simple win/lose/draw type bets. Secondary betting on the number of offside, corners, yellow cards etc are just pointless and only encourage people to bet and increase the money-go-round and its speed.

I've already sorted it! Nobody puts the goalkeeper in a formation in senior football because he is always in the same place and as a professional earning 1,000s of pounds a week doesn't give a toss about not being included!. In fact many are quite happy to pick up 1,00s of pounds a week and not even get a chance to play!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    .... speaks for itself really. I will list some of the things I don't like and, hopefully, offer a remedy to them. Please feel free to add your own pet peeves in the gae and any solution you may have to the list.

1. VAR. Not the idea of it as I'm with that all the way. What I want is for the FA/EFL/PL (and I realise it's not being used in the EFL at the moment) to use it as it was intended to be used as opposed to the current "look what we in England can afford that the rest of the world can't". The stated use in the FIFA regs on VAR is clear and concise and I would not extend the scope There are 4 areas the VAR should look at, however, it is intended to prevent CLEAR ADND OBVIOUS ERRORS.
    IMO, the discounted Liverpool winner against Everton was neither clear nor obvious and the VAR should not have overruled it just because he can. It took an age and that can in no way be deemed clear and obvious. I can see 2 possibilities and you can, and probably will, add more.
    A. Put a time limit on VAR reviews. If you can't tell it's offside inside, for instance, 30 seconds (or a different time period) then it's not clear nor is it obvious and the original decision should stand
    B. Go down the "tennis" route and give managers 2 challenges a half. If they are proven right they don't lose a challenge. Remaining challenges from the first half do not get carried over to the 2nd half. In Cup ties going to 30 minutes extra time they get 1 challenge with no carry over from the 2nd half.

2. Players going down "injured" to take the momentum away from the opposition. Allow the physio/doctor onto the field of play to tend to the player whilst play continues. The physio/doc has to go round the pitch to the point on a line closest to the "injured" player. The player is tended where he lies. When the treatment is finished, the player and the physio/doc leave the field at the nearest point (the same one, logically as where the p/d entered the field of play. The player, if he is going to continue, makes his way to the halfway line and waits to be ushered on by the ref.

3. Players not immediately retiring 10 yards (9m 15cm). Law 13 requires that opponents immediately withdraw to a minimum of 10 yards from the restart location. If any opponent does not and this excessively delays the restart, he or she is subject to a caution for “failing to respect the required distance”. In any pro game you see players almost standing on the ball to prevent it being taken quickly. I always warn immediately that they move away quickly. Law 13 only allows a yelloe card if you cause "excessive delay". Refs do have another weapon. Namely, the unsporting behaviour card. Your team has broken a football Law, possibly on purpose, and given away a free kick. On top of that you are stopping the opposition taking the kick quickly which is their right unless the ref and deemed it "ceremonial" free kick, trying to diminish any advantage they mght gain from your or a teammate's offence. Unsporting behaviour which warrants a yellow card. It is there for a ref to use and I think I might be the only one that does.

4. The all in wrestling that takes part inside the box at free kicks and corners. Despite what Lampard said followinf the Man U v Chelsea game, holding IS NOT ALLOWED. Stamp down on it. Give a ruck of penalties and cards to discourage offenders. It will stop very quickly. A case in point is the very game Lamps made the comment about. How on earth was the judo throw Maguire put on Azpilicuetta not a penalty and at least a yellow card and possibly a red for throwing him to the floor. An absolutely diabolical decision by the ref, IMO.

5. Diving. There is still too much of it going on for my liking. The powers are there to penalise it. Refs should use those powers more often.

So, there's 5 things that peeve me about the game. I look forward to seeing more points from you all.
    Thank goodness for Brexit, as we soon won't have those bloody foreigners coming over here, taking our football players jobs and teaching them how to play act! Now we can get back to proper "British" football, full blooded tackles, hoof it up the pitch and alwsy always pass the bloody ball forward!

The obsession with making whites feel guilty for the sins of their fathers as killed the game altogether. Why bother tinkering at the edges of the laws of football?
    Last edited by GUNTERYY36; 27-10-2020 at 11:59 AM.

There's only one thing that is ruining the game......They get paid way too much money......turned into spoilt brats

Simples

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    The obsession with making whites feel guilty for the sins of their fathers as killed the game altogether. Why bother tinkering at the edges of the laws of football?
    . What on earth has ‘making whites feel guilty for the sins of their fathers’ got to do with ‘tinkering at the edges of the laws of football’?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-10-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    There's only one thing that is ruining the game......They get paid way too much money......turned into spoilt brats

Simples
    100% agree.
    Greed,
    Greed,
    Greed,

and, oh... greed has ruined the game!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)