+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Match Day Thread

Newcastle Match Day Thread

Hopefully, but who knows, a routine win for us today against what is a relatively poor Newcastle side. Need more out of Traore than we have been seeing recently. We shall see.

Come on mi Babbies!!!

One change Neves for Moutinho. Interesting bench, Hoever, Nouri, Silver, Marcal, Traore, Mutinho, Ruddy.

Frustrating first half. Bruce has got them set up very effectively in defense. We need a special moment to brake them down. Podence had a great first 45, Semedo looked good as well but there again he has had nothing to defend really.

Early goal required or we will struggle I think.

So much for the routine win!

pretty even at half time.

semedo seems to be improving in the side.

boly having a good game as is coady..

deffo weak attacking down the left hand side

hope we don't fall for the sucker punch in the second half

ave it !!!

whoops

1-1

bruce happier of the 2 managers.
    wolves lots of possession but no end result again..
    wonder if silva will ever start a game..

Why oh why do we always sit back after we have scored a goal? We dominated possession until we scored and then hardly touched it afterwards. Crazy mindset.

Still, well done Newcastle, they played a well organized and effective game.

We do not put teams to the sword when we should. Apart from a few games against lesser teams, like last season season in Europe, we haven't scored more than 3 since Nuno's been here. We play too slow, don't get numbers into the box or have enough support going forward. It is our achilles heel. That hasn't been to much of an issue when we set up to play counter attacking but in the games we know we are going to dominate it is a big issue. I am furious we threw today's game away. Newcastle had no intention of trying to win that game and didn't really even try to attack until they went a goal behind. Then they had to.....and what did we do? We let them. It's ****ing criminal! Once we scored we should have carried on pushing forward for a second but we didn't. Nuno can't be above blame or criticism and today he got it wrong. Podence should not have been subbed. We didn't need to waste a substitution on swapping Neves when Dendonker was already doing a great job in shoring things up. Swiss is not a wing back and if Marcel was fit he should have started in the first place. Newcastle are bang average at best and at the minute Wolves have stopped moving forward. We won't go down this season and at the minute that's the best I can say about us. I'm sick of seeing and hearing pundits disregard us despite our last two seasons, and claiming if we have over- achieved....but after the last few games it's hard to disagree. We should have buried Fulham ffs but we struggled across the line. I know Nuno wants us to move away from the counter attacking side we've become renowned for but he better start making us more futhless sooner rather that later. The next window is only two months away....I think we need to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    We do not put teams to the sword when we should. Apart from a few games against lesser teams, like last season season in Europe, we haven't scored more than 3 since Nuno's been here. We play too slow, don't get numbers into the box or have enough support going forward. It is our achilles heel. That hasn't been to much of an issue when we set up to play counter attacking but in the games we know we are going to dominate it is a big issue. I am furious we threw today's game away. Newcastle had no intention of trying to win that game and didn't really even try to attack until they went a goal behind. Then they had to.....and what did we do? We let them. It's ****ing criminal! Once we scored we should have carried on pushing forward for a second but we didn't. Nuno can't be above blame or criticism and today he got it wrong. Podence should not have been subbed. We didn't need to waste a substitution on swapping Neves when Dendonker was already doing a great job in shoring things up. Swiss is not a wing back and if Marcel was fit he should have started in the first place. Newcastle are bang average at best and at the minute Wolves have stopped moving forward. We won't go down this season and at the minute that's the best I can say about us. I'm sick of seeing and hearing pundits disregard us despite our last two seasons, and claiming if we have over- achieved....but after the last few games it's hard to disagree. We should have buried Fulham ffs but we struggled across the line. I know Nuno wants us to move away from the counter attacking side we've become renowned for but he better start making us more futhless sooner rather that later. The next window is only two months away....I think we need to use it!
    Excellent critique, Plates, and I do agree with most of what you said. While I realise that possession doesn't necessarily men everything, last night we had enough to have buried the game before the break. I have the utmost respect for Nuno, but....... if he wants us to be regarded as more than just a ' very good counter-attacking side', fine, but I fear he will need to induce a greater cohesion and intensity than what was on display last night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)