+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F. A.O. Frenchlion ......

F. A.O. Frenchlion ......

did you notice over the weekend after Geraint Thomas came off his bike the baton was taken up by Tao geohahan Hart a lad from east London to win the giro D'Italia. Gary has the virus will be out for 10 days. Don't think we should worry though. On my birthday last week got birthday wishes from Ben Thompson, a nice gesture from the club,

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    did you notice over the weekend after Geraint Thomas came off his bike the baton was taken up by Tao geohahan Hart a lad from east London to win the giro D'Italia. Gary has the virus will be out for 10 days. Don't think we should worry though. On my birthday last week got birthday wishes from Ben Thompson, a nice gesture from the club,
    Evening Claw..Yes I saw Tao winning the Giro. I watched practically the whole 3 weeks of racing. I have been following Tao for the past couple of years. He is a very talented rider but I must admit I did not think he would be capable of winning a grand tour but just stages and maybe lesser 4 or 5 day races. His future is bright but I think it is going to be problematic riding for Ineos with Thomas,Bernal,Yates.Carapaz and now Geoghan Hart and not forgetting Sivakov who will all want to be leaders in the big races. Also look out for another Britain,Hugh Carty who is another good young talent.
    How did you manage to get birthday wishes from Ben Thompson?

Yes, interesting with regard to Tao, apparently, he became interested in cycling after working behind the counter of a bike shop in East London Now Hackney has a thriving cycle club. I received an E-Mail from Ben, maybe he noticed my previous address just off the New Kent Road and as you know he is a local lad. That area of London has undergone a massive facelift in recent years, in fact several Lions fans worked on the Shard which is now Europes tallest building. Did you see the plans for the new stadium (30,000) looks pretty neat, the council lost the battle to buy the land around the Den. Watch it over there Frenchie, cutting peoples heads off.