+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McNeil...

Johan an International player ??? They obviously haven't got many to chose from...

I though Wood and particularly Barnes were poor last night as seasoned premiership strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Oh dear, I didn't feel like getting involved last night, so I didn't, but this morning I have to do something that I do only rarely for obvious reasons, agree with my mate BT. I had no problem with McNeill last night, and he certainly looked a better bet than Johan on the other wing.
    Nop agree with you both he did nothing wrong , my only critic would be he doesnt track runners but neither does Jgb.

I have posted previously re what BT says and that is that mcneil Isnt a winger he should play behind a front one or two and he’ll make things happen.

Wide he’s not involved enough for me anyway-

SD's comments from last night...

I thought there were loads of positives
    The front two were excellent
    The two midfielders played very well
    Dwight is still looking like he's performing
    Johann is getting fitter and sharper
    We kept them quiet for a lot of the game
    Woody particularly was excellent. That's a good sign

And I thought it was just me who watched the match through claret coloured glasses.....

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    SD's comments from last night...

I thought there were loads of positives
    The front two were excellent
    The two midfielders played very well
    Dwight is still looking like he's performing
    Johann is getting fitter and sharper
    We kept them quiet for a lot of the game
    Woody particularly was excellent. That's a good sign

And I thought it was just me who watched the match through claret coloured glasses.....
    If that was Wood being excellent, I would not like to see us if he as a bad game. I think Dyche may have lost the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    If that was Wood being excellent, I would not like to see us if he as a bad game. I think Dyche may have lost the plot.
    He's managing a group of players who were pitted up against a team that include South Korea's golden boy, the England captain and a goalkeeper and midfielder who both have a World Cup Winner's medal in their locker. SD's hardly going to say our lot are sh-ite is he?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He's managing a group of players who were pitted up against a team that include South Korea's golden boy, the England captain and a goalkeeper and midfielder who both have a World Cup Winner's medal in their locker. SD's hardly going to say our lot are sh-ite is he?
    BT while I am a dyed in the wool claret, I do know when we have some poor performances. Is Wood not the golden boy of New Zealand football. His performance last night was poor as was Barnes. Both of them should have made way for J-Rod and Vydra in my opinion. Spurs attacking options are excellent and our defence dealt with them well with one exception. The Spurs defence on the other hand is not top class by any means.

BT while I am a dyed in the wool claret, I do know when we have some poor performances. Is Wood not the golden boy of New Zealand football. His performance last night was poor as was Barnes. Both of them should have made way for J-Rod and Vydra in my opinion. Spurs attacking options are excellent and our defence dealt with them well with one exception. The Spurs defence on the other hand is not top class by any means.
    If I was an EPL manager who would I pick Kane or Wood, Son or JBG, Sissoko or Westwood, Bale or Brownhill?

We are lucky SD can even motivate our lot to give teams like Spurs a game. United recently got stuffed 6-1 on their own turf by them.

Sometimes I think we need a reality check and thank our lucky stars there will be three teams worse off than us when this dreadful, soulless season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If I was an EPL manager who would I pick Kane or Wood, Son or JBG, Sissoko or Westwood, Bale or Brownhill?

We are lucky SD can even motivate our lot to give teams like Spurs a game. United recently got stuffed 6-1 on their own turf by them.

Sometimes I think we need a reality check and thank our lucky stars there will be three teams worse off than us when this dreadful, soulless season ends.
    BT I can’t disagree that Spurs have the more talented players. But on Monday night we were creating more chances than them, but failing to convert those chances. Our manager had a choice to make whether to stick with Barnes and Wood in the hope that they may make something happen which seemed unlikely, or to change things with either R-Rod or Vydra or even both in order we might benefit from the chances we were creating. Yet he chose not to do so until the game was within the last few minutes and that was to replace Gudmundsson who was one of those providing the chances. This is what I can’t understand, how many times have we seen the need to change but he has stubbornly refused to do so. As for there being three worse teams than ourselves we will need to start scoring goals to make that happen and we need to start that scoring very soon.

"Slugger" Dyche has talked about "physicality" for the last eight years.

I can't see that changing anytime soon ~ can you V_C?

Attachment 17287

BT I can’t disagree that Spurs have the more talented players. But on Monday night we were creating more chances than them, but failing to convert those chances. Our manager had a choice to make whether to stick with Barnes and Wood in the hope that they may make something happen which seemed unlikely, or to change things with either R-Rod or Vydra or even both in order we might benefit from the chances we were creating. Yet he chose not to do so until the game was within the last few minutes and that was to replace Gudmundsson who was one of those providing the chances. This is what I can’t understand, how many times have we seen the need to change but he has stubbornly refused to do so. As for there being three worse teams than ourselves we will need to start scoring goals to make that happen and we need to start that scoring very soon.
    He gets so much wrong and that is why we have averaged finishing as 14th placed team in the English Pyrmaid System in the last 6 seasons, one of which was in The Championship. We were looking the more likely to score, unfortunately, they then scored and this prompted the first change which took some time because the ball never went out of play!
    Football management from the stand or on TV is the easiest job in the world, even the pundits can do it better than thoe doing the job ---how strange that, if they are that good, they are not managing teams at that level!
    It's all opinions, however, it is only a game which, sadly, is played to different Laws in the PL than the rest of football in the British Isles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)