+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: McNeil...

He is a player who is working hard, along with the rest of the team, in order to overcome what has been a poor start to the season, although we could have picked up points against both Southampton and Tottenham.

It all takes time and we have had to go back to basics in order to give Nick Pope the ultimate chance by getting blocks and tackles in.
    THe signs are there that thing are starting to gel and we just need a bit more luck in front of goal to kick start our forwards.
    It has been a punishing schedule, made more difficult with the International breaks, in which Dwight has still been playing.

He is a good player and will come through this with SD and his staff's guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    He is a player who is working hard, along with the rest of the team, in order to overcome what has been a poor start to the season, although we could have picked up points against both Southampton and Tottenham.

It all takes time and we have had to go back to basics in order to give Nick Pope the ultimate chance by getting blocks and tackles in.
    THe signs are there that thing are starting to gel and we just need a bit more luck in front of goal to kick start our forwards.
    It has been a punishing schedule, made more difficult with the International breaks, in which Dwight has still been playing.

He is a good player and will come through this with SD and his staff's guidance.
    His goal against Everton and overall contribution to the team effort made my weekend Supersub.

I wrote somewhere else that he raised his own personal bar on Saturday at Goodison.

I hope he can find the confidence and resolve to either match it or jump it.

I have watched the game live and also on repeat from a recording, he really did have a blinder and OMG what a goal that was.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    he really did have a blinder and OMG what a goal that was.
    Don't know if anyone else felt the same, but I was off the settee and shouting 'that's in' the instant it left his boot. The camera angle was perfect, you just knew it was going in as soon as he hit it, and Pickford was never going to get near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

Since I posted this he has started 13 matches after coming back from his injuries. We have won 5 drawn 5 and lost 3 scoring 15 and conceding 16 picjing up 20 points in the process.

Just like sinkov, I was also up on my feet as soon as he hit that ball on Saturday --cracking goal!

To be fair Shearer was fulsome in his praise on MOTD for McNeil’s driving runs and pressing against Everton as well as his “special” goal. He pointed out McNeil in his opinion should be scoring more goals with his ability but also indicated that Burnley do not create many goal scoring opportunities. I suppose the inference (not voiced by Shearer) was that a change of clubs would benefit Dwight’s game.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)