+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McNeil...

McNeil...

Needs dropping, fight for his place.. huge example of no competition for places. Wasteful on the ball, looses the ball and throws his arms about as if he has been hard done too, crap passing, crap crosses.

Darkness absolutely 100% right. He is hopeless get him dropped. He cannot tackle or play his position. He is brassing me off. Apart from McNeil the rest all gave all they had.

You must be watching a different game or you are totally biased against the lad. Oh I forgot, Hendrick has left us so we have to find a scapegoat and he will do.

He certainly is not showing what we have seen from him a while ago, have defenders sussed him out or is he just average.

I thought he could have been our shining light when he first appeared, if he improved a lot as I did not think he was as good as most people thought, a good tricky winger which was doing him good for getting ahead of a defender and at the end a good cross, but he only produced it rarely, also had an eye for goal with his shot sometimes, but now the beating of a player is very rare along with a good cross or his shooting ability, its like he's been surpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    but now the beating of a player is very rare along with a good cross or his shooting ability, its like he's been surpressed.
    "the beating of a player"....noticed that Alto - did little with the ball, received it then shifted it...player of his position, we expect more...those two floaty corners says it all.

The problem in the team is a lack of creativity combined with a failure to take our goal scoring opportunities when they arise. Calling for McNeil to be dropped when he is at his best our most creative player hardly seems a step forward to me. It is up to Sean to get him back to the levels we know he can produce.

I just think he doesn't have competition for his place he plays week in and out, if he has a bad game, is hung over of or what ever footballers do these days.. he is always in the team, it becomes a given and standards drop. He is a quality player, but a young one that requires patience and direction..
    He needs to be on the wing in games like this, when we are soaking up and hitting on the break we need pace down the wing and some quality delivery especially when we are playing with 2 strikers.
    Today he was playing inside left, and actually ineffective due to every time we broke he held the ball to long and very rarely got his head up and found a forward ball.. plenty of little runs forward to do nothing then pass the ball back to defence..
    its no good being fast and good feet, yet no end result.. Dan James can do that at Utd.. is he a good player?
    you have to have some football intelligence, slowing the ball at the wrong times, running into a dead end, long runs that result in a pass all the way back, lack of getting head up and seeing a pass..
    Jay Rod is for me the perfect example of when he gets the ball, he very rarely wastes it or gives it away cheaply.. he isnt quiet what he was, but for me he was the best footballer i saw a Turf Moor for efficiency on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Needs dropping, fight for his place.. huge example of no competition for places. Wasteful on the ball, looses the ball and throws his arms about as if he has been hard done too, crap passing, crap crosses.
    And that little chap on the other wing was even worse.

I thought McNeil was excellent last night.

If SD could break 8 years of tradition and play 4-2-1-3 with McNeil floating behind a front three of Barnes, Wood and JayRod, I think we might start scoring goals and winning games.
    Assuming all fit:
    Pope.
    Bardsley, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, (4)
    Brownhill, Westwood, (2)
    McNeil, (1)
    JayRod, Wood, Barnes. (3)

UTC#

Oh dear, I didn't feel like getting involved last night, so I didn't, but this morning I have to do something that I do only rarely for obvious reasons, agree with my mate BT. I had no problem with McNeill last night, and he certainly looked a better bet than Johan on the other wing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)