+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zaha not taking the knee.

Zaha not taking the knee.

Respect to him for standing up (pun intentional). Taking the knee has lost meaning a lot like clapping for the NHS, it became just a token response that was expected and in no way supportive of the specific cause. It's the social media companies that need to take the knee and accept that they are policing their platforms inadequately. Greater accountability and traceability are the order of the day to combat this ( and other forms of) online abuse.

we're talking about a miniscule few who'er greatly affecting the overwhelmingly large majority of folk who have absolutely no concern over someones colour - a little like changing the rules, because of what a few horrid loons in a madhouse think - it's preposterous - and equally mental imo......so there's absolutely no harm in him not doing - do as he likes... .

In the Alphabet ''A '' matters ,and does not B, C, D, matter also ? ''Stop the world I wanna get off!''

What chance of a chant “We are standing up with Wilf” if and when we get back on the Turf.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Respect to him for standing up (pun intentional). Taking the knee has lost meaning a lot like clapping for the NHS, it became just a token response that was expected and in no way supportive of the specific cause. It's the social media companies that need to take the knee and accept that they are policing their platforms inadequately. Greater accountability and traceability are the order of the day to combat this ( and other forms of) online abuse.
    Good for him , said and I remain in my thought that they have and are doing more damage to racism in this country with this symbolism.

It’s started as Black Lives Matter until they realised that was a politically motivated group with ulterior motives ( put racism back 50 years in our country) , they sneaked away from it on sky now with no room for racism and equality for all ( I thought that was the case anyway - it is in my world.

Good for him. More footballers need to start thinking for themselves instead of doing what they've been told.

I wonder if our woke captain will support Wilf in his stand against racism ? He was quick enough to get on his knees.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I wonder if our woke captain will support Wilf in his stand against racism ? He was quick enough to get on his knees.
    I like Ben Mee, I really do. He is probably the best example of "money well spent" on a player during my sixty odd years of watching the Clarets.

I do think it's a tad hypocritical however, for Ben to be "taking a knee" against racism when he has demonstrated a personal penchant for putting black players into Row B.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)