+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unlucky

Spurs were poor and still they beat us, nothing else matter really, and moaning about bad luck won't help, teams that get relegated never get the breaks.

Thirty odd more games will define our season, keep improving like this, get Ben Mee back in the side, and we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Thirty odd more games will define our season, keep improving like this, get Ben Mee back in the side, and we will be fine.
    I thought Long had a good game last night, I don't think we missed Ben at all. Ben's OK, but he's another one getting better the longer he sits in the stand, happens with a lot of players.

Mee is a stalwart sinkov, our defensive kingpin, a legend, our skipper and all round good egg.

Bloody hope he gets fit soon, because there is a nasty rumour going around that both United and Liverpool will happily spring £50 million to take Tarkowski off our hands in the New Year window.

Attachment 17279

We have currently conceded nine goals so far, which is not the worst in the league and that is with a somewhat make shift defence in some games.
    Where we are poor is in goals scored and I don’t think Barnes and Wood are the answer, but it is that which Dyche prefers. We do need to find are touch at scoring quickly and last night for example bringing on J-Rod and Vydra in the last ten minutes was laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Barnes looks out of his depth.Wood still does not understand the offside rule and Jayrod and Vydra get 10 and 5 mins respectively.You just knew when we were spurning the half chances that Spurs would take their solitary chance.
    Cib you are bang on , I’m not sure what the deal is playing Barnes in front of Rodriguez at all he’s far more mobile and intelligent footballer when he came to n you could see spurs defence change as he stretches people and forces full backs into mistakes corners etc.

Plus if he get s one of the earlier chances for wood Barnes or Westwood’s he definitely works the keeper

Vydra for me is the only man with real pace and he never gets a Fair chance - we looked a better balanced football side with Vydra and jay the end of lockdown Than anything we’ve shown yet.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Cib you are bang on , I’m not sure what the deal is playing Barnes in front of Rodriguez at all he’s far more mobile and intelligent footballer when he came to n you could see spurs defence change as he stretches people and forces full backs into mistakes corners etc.

Plus if he get s one of the earlier chances for wood Barnes or Westwood’s he definitely works the keeper

Vydra for me is the only man with real pace and he never gets a Fair chance - we looked a better balanced football side with Vydra and jay the end of lockdown Than anything we’ve shown yet.
    Totally agree with you Army, unfortunately Dyche doesn’t. With J-Rod and Vydra we looked quite good with the ball on the floor rather than continual Dyche ball.

I did not see the game just the Highlights,so no comments on the game plan etc, just the goal scored against us.

Again to me it seems we have no coaching staff.

For that goal , just schoolboy errors. In my book defenders are there to defend,and in this modern game forwards also drop back and defend,the forwards quite right can ask, ''but who do I take''? So before the game all must know the game plan and in the case of forwards, who to defend against! (i e, which player etc?) Its simple really ,their line up is known, and previous video's, the coaching staff and S D, have seen ,no problem! So there must be some sort of plan for corners when defending.

Spurs,or the 'Yids', have 2 dangerous players ,or goal scorers, Kane and Son. I think Son has scored more goals than the whole Arsenal team has. A real danger man (last season we remember what he did !)

Whilst a corner is being taken,there is a whole lot of movement going on.( I think Tarks took Kane ,but Son was left out perhaps invisible to all players ? But in such a situation Pope is the one player to see all that is happening. So he must switch on his radar and see all Spurs players are 'covered' He must see this and shout out orders to cover Son,in this case. Where Son stood, it was very plain to see his next moves,to run in goal-wards, Bingo!

Nick Pope must command the action in his penalty box on corners!! What happened was a simple schoolboy error.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I did not see the game just the Highlights,so no comments on the game plan etc, just the goal scored against us.

Again to me it seems we have no coaching staff.

For that goal , just schoolboy errors. In my book defenders are there to defend,and in this modern game forwards also drop back and defend,the forwards quite right can ask, ''but who do I take''? So before the game all must know the game plan and in the case of forwards, who to defend against! (i e, which player etc?) Its simple really ,their line up is known, and previous video's, the coaching staff and S D, have seen ,no problem! So there must be some sort of plan for corners when defending.

Spurs,or the 'Yids', have 2 dangerous players ,or goal scorers, Kane and Son. I think Son has scored more goals than the whole Arsenal team has. A real danger man (last season we remember what he did !)

Whilst a corner is being taken,there is a whole lot of movement going on.( I think Tarks took Kane ,but Son was left out perhaps invisible to all players ? But in such a situation Pope is the one player to see all that is happening. So he must switch on his radar and see all Spurs players are 'covered' He must see this and shout out orders to cover Son,in this case. Where Son stood, it was very plain to see his next moves,to run in goal-wards, Bingo!

Nick Pope must command the action in his penalty box on corners!! What happened was a simple schoolboy error.
    It’s exactly right - but that’s just football Dyche will be gutted I’d imagine as defending really is his thing —— however in this league you stop - switch off for a second and the quality ruins you , which is exactly what happend .

We had more chances -attempts but don’t have the quality to finish teams on the pitch ( Rodriguez would have been better - he’s a finisher )

I also think spurs back line would have enjoyed the game less against Vydra who pulls players out of position and runs in behind .

Reality is we are short on quality ( have been in the past few years but got away with it previously).

If by some miracle we can survive we need to invest A lot in the squad or it will be more of same going forward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)