+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilic has spoken about Hegazi

Leeds are a far bigger club than us and their catchment area is huge and average gates around 35,000. They had been very successful and ambitious but look what happened to them after they were relegated in 2003/4 after over stretching themselves. Relegated down through the Championship and into League 1 after going into Administration. Yes they are finally back in the PL but it has been a very long and hard lesson for them.

The EFL is littered with community clubs such as ours who have had fleeting and some concerted spells in the PL but have found it difficult to stay there for any period of time. In part the reality is they have to plan for relegation and that in itself contributes to the problems. If anything we have been very successful with our business model in the 21st century and have performed on the field better than perhaps we should have. As someone once said (yes I do know who it was) a mid table Championship team in the Premier league.

Outside of the top 6/8 we are all just passing up or down between the PL and Championship and taking our turns at eating at the money table. The huge 6/8 will make sure it stays that way and are doing all they can to ensure they are better protected to ensure they get a bigger slice of the pie whilst it is there.

I would like to see us do a bit more than keep yoyoing. If that is our ambition then no wonder we are losing fan's.
    Leeds overspent and nearly went bust yes, but it hasn't stopped them trying to buy player's to excite their fans.
    Football is supposed to be about entertainment not balancing the books. There isn't a league table for a good bank balance. No club has ever been remembered for being financially sound.
    I don't get excited knowing that we aren't in debt, it doesn't set my heart racing.
    It's probably why i have lost interest. In the last twenty years we have been up and down more often than Ulrika Jonsson's knickers.
    Doesn't anyone yearn for a cup run or a run out in Europe anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I would like to see us do a bit more than keep yoyoing. If that is our ambition then no wonder we are losing fan's.
    Leeds overspent and nearly went bust yes, but it hasn't stopped them trying to buy player's to excite their fans.
    Football is supposed to be about entertainment not balancing the books. There isn't a league table for a good bank balance. No club has ever been remembered for being financially sound.
    I don't get excited knowing that we aren't in debt, it doesn't set my heart racing.
    It's probably why i have lost interest. In the last twenty years we have been up and down more often than Ulrika Jonsson's knickers.
    Doesn't anyone yearn for a cup run or a run out in Europe anymore?

Totally agree with you Des. Some West Brom fans need a white stick and would put up with anything. Nobody expects our club to take huge risks to put themselves in financial trouble - but most expect us to use the whole of the Premier money to compete. Leeds have invested wisely and will have a great chance of staying up and going from strength to strength. That’s the opposite to us! We were better than Villa when they robbed us of promotion but again they have invested to stay up. Watkins was not worth the money but if you compare him to Diangana and what we paid - he was well worth it!!

We saw with Grants goal last night - that’s what a ruthless striker does and we had one previously ie Gayle. Since going for the cheap option we have three nags which are costing over 150 grand a week - who takes responsibility for this?

In life quality usually is determined by the money you invest - bit like a pair of shoes! If you pay £20 in Primark you get what you pay for!!

All the money is being creamed off into Lai’s back pocket and can’t understand why some don’t get that!! An owner needs to build a brand - be in love with the brand and invest in the brand - enter the owner of Harrogate Town who deserved success! He’s not putting the club he loves at risk but being on the spot to take sound commercial decisions so the club slowly slowly progress!

Dowling is just a puppet and a useless one at that whilst the little c unt shows zero interest in China apart from reaping his investment back!
    Last edited by baggieal; 27-10-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    If Bilic was told he would stay and then they sold him without telling him then that is clearly wrong. And communication needs to improve.

But to be honest, and this will be unpopular, I kind of agree with the board on this one. Its not like Hegazi is pivotal to us, Bilic barely played him last season. He is a steady defender and Burnley at home is the right kind of team for him to play against, as they play to his strengths.

£10m in transfer fees and wages is a huge amount for us right now. I think its the right financial decision. And its right we are run like that in my view.
    Agree with this...Was very so, so....not great at reading a game.....so the very best of good fortune to him....

Can't say that I have ever had any Albion related inside info before but from a source with contact right at the heart of The Hawthorns. "Bilic is a couple of defeats away from getting the sack. Draw on Monday enough to save him for now. Lose to Fulham?"

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Can't say that I have ever had any Albion related inside info before but from a source with contact right at the heart of The Hawthorns. "Bilic is a couple of defeats away from getting the sack. Draw on Monday enough to save him for now. Lose to Fulham?"
    Clearly, there is Civil War at the Hawthorns. I don't blame Bilic for hanging on for compensation. Thanks for your time, Slaven

Did the source with a contact at the heart of the Hawthorns read that on westbrom.com or Wbaunofficial.org.uk by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Did the source with a contact at the heart of the Hawthorns read that on westbrom.com or Wbaunofficial.org.uk by any chance?
    From a lifelong and close friend of one of the starting X1 on Monday.

From a lifelong and close friend of one of the starting X1 on Monday.
    Oh well, life long and close friend makes a change. I read it was the agent of the player who was out for drinks with a group, at least one of whom was an Albion supporter. Didn't mention anything about why and how such a group from different households would be in the same pub at the same time though. Fair play to 'em for their ingenuity I suppose. As an aside 'if' any manager is only a game or two from the chop his replacement should already be lined up and ready to go. Just like the last time.......

Step forward The **** in the cap, probably whitening his trainers and ironing his cap as we speak.
    That would certainly be the last straw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)