+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilic has spoken about Hegazi

Bilic has spoken about Hegazi

I said a few weeks ago our board had shafted Bilic behind closed doors, but now they have done it publically.

Our board know nothing about running a football club
    This is what he said
    “It definitely wasn’t my decision and it wasn’t a football decision,” Bilic explained.

“I’m very disappointed. We are a team that needs all our good players, he is a player that has knowhow in the Premier League.

“He has vast experience, he’s an international player, he is a great professional and he played last week against Burnley and the whole week he was training with us when we were doing shape.
    “Even on Saturday he was there and I had assurances he was going to stay and that makes me very disappointed he left.

“I know there are economic reasons and football reasons. We are newcomers in the league and we did great to keep our players from last season who were on loan but we were nowhere near as active as some other teams.

“I love my team. I love them, but we need players. We’re a football team, not a corporation.”

It’ll all end in tears

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    It’ll all end in tears

I agree so f uck off Dowling and do one Lai you horrible little c unt!

The best manager we have had for a long time and the board not only fail to back him but humiliate him publicly.
    Our fan's are far too passive, any fan's at other club's would be up in arms.
    I have even seen some of our fan's condoning Lai and Dowling, saying they are businessmen and we are a business.
    I have never seen a businessman who pays £200m for a business then fails to invest in it.
    Anyway what do i know, i have been going for years thinking we were a football club.

Off to storm the citadel, hold my beer.....

If Bilic was told he would stay and then they sold him without telling him then that is clearly wrong. And communication needs to improve.

But to be honest, and this will be unpopular, I kind of agree with the board on this one. Its not like Hegazi is pivotal to us, Bilic barely played him last season. He is a steady defender and Burnley at home is the right kind of team for him to play against, as they play to his strengths.

£10m in transfer fees and wages is a huge amount for us right now. I think its the right financial decision. And its right we are run like that in my view.

I don't think Hegazi will be the difference between us staying up which I don't expect us to or going down. I thought he was always an accident waiting to happen. I can also see the logic of selling a player who barely played last season and it was probably to balance the books for other aquisitions. The problem here is that it appears to have undermined Bilic which is wrong but that said, once we get in to the season and managers start getting fired, I wouldn't be surprised if he went in any case and took a better offer if he hasn't the tools for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    If Bilic was told he would stay and then they sold him without telling him then that is clearly wrong. And communication needs to improve.

But to be honest, and this will be unpopular, I kind of agree with the board on this one. Its not like Hegazi is pivotal to us, Bilic barely played him last season. He is a steady defender and Burnley at home is the right kind of team for him to play against, as they play to his strengths.

£10m in transfer fees and wages is a huge amount for us right now. I think its the right financial decision. And its right we are run like that in my view.
    I understood the deal (to Bilic's old club) was a loan to buy arrangement. If so, the only plus for the club this year are wages. In that light, I feel we could and should have done better

If 10m in wage's is a lot for us having spent twelve seasons in the premier, eight in succession and god knows how many parachute payments, then the future must look pretty grim for Leeds.
    The fact is that this club has always put money before ambition.
    Go back to the 78-79 season, we needed two signings to make us a great side.
    Instead we sold Cantello and Cunningham.
    After Robson saved us in the great escape we had the perfect opportunity to make sure we never struggled again, we didn't strengthen and in the January window we sold Earnshaw and Horsfield.
    Two seasons ago we appoint a lovely bloke who had never managed at any level before in our most important season at the time.
    Now with basically the same side we came up with we sell our most experienced premier league defender.
    We have signed a CB on a free and paid £1m for another.
    It's all about money, always has been,ambition on the pitch is secondary.
    Believe anything else and you are kidding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    If 10m in wage's is a lot for us having spent twelve seasons in the premier, eight in succession and god knows how many parachute payments, then the future must look pretty grim for Leeds.
    The fact is that this club has always put money before ambition.
    Go back to the 78-79 season, we needed two signings to make us a great side.
    Instead we sold Cantello and Cunningham.
    After Robson saved us in the great escape we had the perfect opportunity to make sure we never struggled again, we didn't strengthen and in the January window we sold Earnshaw and Horsfield.
    Two seasons ago we appoint a lovely bloke who had never managed at any level before in our most important season at the time.
    Now with basically the same side we came up with we sell our most experienced premier league defender.
    We have signed a CB on a free and paid £1m for another.
    It's all about money, always has been,ambition on the pitch is secondary.
    Believe anything else and you are kidding yourself.
    True, but I want us to be a side who is either in the Prem or challenging to be there. Since 2000, the lowest league position we have finished is 6th in the Championship.

If we try to financially extend ourselves and go down, with nothing to invest when we are there then we could quite easily be a mid table Championship club - or worse.

Like it or not, what makes us formidable in the Championship is our comparable wealth against the other side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)