+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT Halloween off

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Not sure I could vote for someone named after a bodily function. I think he needs to change his campaign team
    Is that any worse than having a PM with a surname synonymous with a man's wedding tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not wanting to poop on the US bashing party but Soccer was in fairly common use in the UK in the 60s. Just looked through my toy cupboard and I have Subbuteo Table Soccer, Table Soccer by Waddingtons and my 1968/9 Division 1 stickers album is called Soccer Stars.

Anyway, don't forget Thanksgiving is coming up soon lads so get your turkeys and pumpkin pies ordered before it's too late
    Soccer is quite British being a corruption of the word association as in association football.

Not wanting to poop on the US bashing party but Soccer was in fairly common use in the UK in the 60s. Just looked through my toy cupboard and I have Subbuteo Table Soccer, Table Soccer by Waddingtons and my 1968/9 Division 1 stickers album is called Soccer Stars.
    Always preferred Waddingtons to subbuteo easier to control and more realistic i thought. I also thought the flat cardboard pitch was better than the subbuteo one which I couldn't get flat without getting mi mum to iron it!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  30.6 KB
    Last edited by rolymiller; 27-10-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Looks like our back four

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Always preferred Waddingtons to subbuteo easier to control and more realistic i thought. I also thought the flat cardboard pitch was better than the subbuteo one which I couldn't get flat without getting mi mum to iron it!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  30.6 KB
    I used to be formidable at Subbuteo. If ever I lost I'd fling the pieces at the wall and bust them. I ran a tight ship.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Trick or treating has British origins
    "Despite the concept of trick-or-treating originating in Britain and Ireland in the form of souling and guising, the use of the term "trick or treat" at the doors of homeowners was not common until the 1980s."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick-or-treating

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "Despite the concept of trick-or-treating originating in Britain and Ireland in the form of souling and guising, the use of the term "trick or treat" at the doors of homeowners was not common until the 1980s."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick-or-treating
    What’s laughable is that as your kids are growing up you fill their heads with “ say no to strangers”, the bogey man, don’t take sweets from strangers etc etc

Then along comes hallowe’en and they are encouraged to knock on doors and ask for sweets

Chavdom is a weird place

At least they're asking for sweets.

In some places it's demanding money with menaces.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    In some places it's demanding money with menaces.
    Penny for the Guyers were doing that 50+ years ago so nothing new there then. Like other traditions, trick or treating is aimed at little kids but has developed a more 'adult' nature for older kids/younger adults with ***ually themed costumes, alcohol, wife swapping...etc.

Penny for the Guyers were doing that 50+ years ago so nothing new there then. Like other traditions, trick or treating is aimed at little kids but has developed a more 'adult' nature for older kids/younger adults with ***ually themed costumes, alcohol, wife swapping...etc.
    Ok I promise to stop Camiller...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast