+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All This “Diversity” Stuff.

All This “Diversity” Stuff.

On SKY at lunchtime the newsreader introduced some black woman as “The Diversity”..........she got no further than that before I muted the TV.

I don’t know if anyone else is getting like me but I’ve reached the point where it doesn’t matter if they are black, white, yellow or any other colour.......I’m sick of having it rammed down my throat.

Whereas I once would’ve listened to an occasional reasoned piece on TV debates or to a programme on the subject I now avoid it like the plague.

I remember the documentary about Quentin Crisp back in the early 80’s.......I was around 20-22 when that came out and I remember thinking about how horrible people had been to him and thinking it was unfair.

From the age of 17 in 1978 until 1984 I worked in menswear as most on here know.

My first assistant manager at Hepworths Menswear in Stourbridge was a fifty odd year old gay called Billy Bennett........he was well known and well liked locally and something of a local celebrity in Brierley Hill, he frequented a pub there run by another gay bloke called Warwick Plant if I remember correctly.

I never bothered one jot that Bill was gay......non of us did, one of the funniest and most cutting people I’ve ever met......for looks imagine John Inman with a more acerbic wit.

There was no gay agenda with Bill........he took the p I s s out of us more than we did out of him........a fabulous bloke to work with and he taught me many good life and work lessons.

We had gay window dressers.......but they were just blokes who preferred blokes and even though the younger brigade think us 50-70 year olds are “backwards” I can honestly say that my experience was of a far more Liberal mentality from the people I mixed with back in those days.

At my next company I worked with Christine who was a fellow rep and openly gay, she worked and her partner did the housewife bit.

When people joined the company someone would quietly warn them that Christine was gay just so they didn’t embarrass themselves by trying it on with her ( which one rep had previously done! )

It was more of a respect thing towards her so as not to embarrass her although she was totally open about her home life.

I worked with her for 6 years and with Bill for 6 years and there was not a single homophobic incident and not a single incident of them spouting about their rights.........possibly because they were treated like everyone else.

I will no longer listen to anything in the media about diversity........I will continue to treat each individual I meet in life on their own merits.

If they are white, straight and a t w a t I shall give short shrift as I have always done.

If they are black, BAME, LGBT, or a one legged Pygmy with a missing eye and a speech impediment and they’re a decent seeming person with an agreeable manner I’ll spend as much time as I have available in conversation with them.

When are these Diversity Nazi’s going to realise they’re doing more harm than good?

Switched the Radio 4 off mid morning when some woman (black I assume) was bangin on about something.

Watched a bit of Sky Sports hoping to see and hear about last night's match. Feature on Kane and Son followed by Paul Elliot talking about the new FA Diversity Code. Decided I didn't want to hear any of it.

Just a couple of years ago I would like to think I would have listened and perhaps learned. Now? Not a chance I am totally and utterly sick of the whole thing.

It’s about time all these pathetic diversity snowflakes clubbed together and bought a space rocket and sodded off to Mars, where they could all live together in fear of their own shadows, a place where all conversation is banned through the fear of upsetting someone.
    Also it’s time the BBC, ITV, Sky and the like stopped giving these morons airtime.
    There was one female snowflake on tv saying calling your dog/ cat a pet was offensive and should be called a companion, Piers Morgan shot her down in flames, these people are barking mad.

Agree 100% mickd1961

I’ve just been watching a 1977 episode of Top Of The Pops.

Dear old Errol Brown duly arrived fronting Hot Chocolate.

I got to wondering if we are reaching a stage where acts such as these will end up being airbrushed to save the sensibilities of today’s “woke” generation?

What about “Black Betty” by Ram Jam.....surely that’s got to go?

Maybe Hot Chocolate is okay because as long as they’re referring to themselves in terminology they accuse others of using in a racial insult such as “N****r” it’s all fine.

They can call me “white boy/milk bottle/little English tea drinker”........I really could t give a f u c k.

Jesus......it really must be exhausting being so offended all the time.

No wonder we have so many people suffering with mental problems when we've got these 'snowflakes' in our midst. What's happened to our sense of humour? These people could take offence at anything. How does the saying go? 'Laughter makes the world around'. At the present moment the planet must have stopped spinning.

I am sick to death at being preached to by the BBC, Sky et al. If I wanted a sermon I would go to Church. If I watch a football match on TV now, I don’t turn on until after the kick off because I don’t want see any more of the f*****g knee bending s**t. It’s supposed to be Black History Month, how long do you think that we’ll have to wait for White History Month?

Also heard an ITV news reporter use the phrase ‘nitty gritty’ yesterday, they’ll probably give him a session on the rack as that’s supposedly an offensive term! Yet another offensive term. However, I am pleased to see that the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is still going strong; a good band, worth a listen, especially when Alison Krauss is with them.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Also heard an ITV news reporter use the phrase ‘nitty gritty’ yesterday, they’ll probably give him a session on the rack as that’s supposedly an offensive term! Yet another offensive term. However, I am pleased to see that the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is still going strong; a good band, worth a listen, especially when Alison Krauss is with them.
    I think my playing would sound good if Alison Krauss was doing the singing!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)