+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I Have Some Really Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Very sad news. My thoughts go out to Exiles family and friends.
    Sad news indeed, RIP Exile....... from Phil on Millersmad

Terribly sad news. RIP Exile.

Condolences to Family and Friends from a fellow Yorkshireman

Many thanks for all the kind words from Millers .

Really appreciate you lads coming on here and paying your respects to Eric .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Many thanks for all the kind words from Millers .

Really appreciate you lads coming on here and paying your respects to Eric .
    No problem Animal, it's the least we could do.. Eric told me you were a big pal of his so hope you are all right as well. Take care owd lad...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    No problem Animal, it's the least we could do.. Eric told me you were a big pal of his so hope you are all right as well. Take care owd lad...
    It was a coincidence roly , a member of my family knew Eric's family and we'd both posted for years before it came to light one day .

He was a divisive character was Eric but if you'd ever met him he was such a warm , kind and genuine person as well .

His son was an ex professional footballer who played at Plymouth Argyle and Stockport County in the 90's , I believe he's still involved in some capacity at Stockport today .

We never knew this for years until he mentioned it quite matter of factly one day on here which was quite typical of Eric .

You take care too Roly , nice to speak to you again mate and I know Eric would have appreciated all the kind words from you lads on millersmad .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 30-10-2020 at 05:29 PM.

T’owd lad can have a kick about with Nobby now

RIP Eric

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It was a coincidence roly , a member of my family knew Eric's family and we'd both posted for years before it came to light one day .

He was a divisive character was Eric but if you'd ever met him he was such a warm , kind and genuine person as well .

His son was an ex professional footballer who played at Plymouth Argyle and Stockport County in the 90's , I believe he's still involved in some capacity at Stockport today .

We never knew this for years until he mentioned it quite matter of factly one day on here which was quite typical of Eric .

You take care too Roly , nice to speak to you again mate and I know Eric would have appreciated all the kind words from you lads on millersmad .
    He always came over as a caring bloke on mmad. I know some didn't always agree with his politics but I don't think anyone can deny that he was a decent, genuine and warm human being. I think this is reflected in the number of mmad posters who maybe didnt always see eye to eye with him but felt the need to show sympathy at his loss on here.

He will be sadly missed.

Very sad news. Exile was a very good contributor to Millersmad and will be missed. RIP Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    He always came over as a caring bloke on mmad. I know some didn't always agree with his politics but I don't think anyone can deny that he was a decent, genuine and warm human being. I think this is reflected in the number of mmad posters who maybe didnt always see eye to eye with him but felt the need to show sympathy at his loss on here.

He will be sadly missed.
    I think that's a legacy Eric would have enjoyed Roly , he divided opinion but was a genuinely warm person who helped others if he could .

Judging by the tributes on this thread he certainly made his mark whether we agreed with him or not and I didn't at times I have to say .

It's hard to think he won't jab you in the ribs anymore on here because whether you knew him outside of this board or not it didn't matter with Eric he'd still ask the bloody question .

Always remember this a few years ago , I did a live match report from Oakwell .

Eric posts how come you are doing this without the internet ....?

Exile I've an Iphone so you can do this stuff now .

He never replied ......... class .

He had to ask the bloody question though. bless him .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 30-10-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast