+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gave it a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Is it not the case that the report might reveal some of the elderly people transferred were known to have Covid-19?

Oh, I hope so.
    The mistake a lot of people make is thinking all doctors care about their patients, when a lot of them couldn't give a ****. Clinical decisions to move patients into care homes are not run by Scottish government ministers first, it is a local matter involving the hospital, consultants, health board, care home, the local authority. A lot of people claim the SNP are too centralised, which they are in certain matters, but health boards have a fair bit of autonomy to operate without interference. Hence why GCC screwed up the flu jab rollout where others didn't. The outcome wouldn't have been any different if the tories were running the NHS, that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Without posting for a body to discuss the fitba......exactly.

So

Sturgeon........she's lost the plot.

Swinney.....****ing ditto.

Marcus Rashford.......no for me

BLM....changing their name.....fools nae ****.

When are they gonna realise they cannot defeat a virus.

Oh and I thought we were hanging on a bit v Morton.....not to the extent Hopkins was saying but another 5 mins I think they wuda scored.
    "islaydarkblue

Like you I have been waiting for the poster who was complaining about not enough football topics on this forum to set up his own topics. .
    Nothing... All talk and no action."

Take your point Returnofrross, I haven't thought of any new topics to start re football.....yet! And Douglas re "All talk and no action" I have been posting on here since 2013 but am not a prolific poster indeed not likely to start many topics but contributing when I felt I wanted/needed to. I have tended to post more on the Dark Blues site but that is just my choice. A few years ago I got into a few verbal rammies with some of the many numpties over on Dayglo Mad but have had little to say of late - that may change!

However on the basis that if you can't beat them join them here are a few of my non football views. I cant disagree with anything in your OP on this topic Returnofrros. My political views are that Independence would be an utter disaster for Scotland. I can hardly name one SNP politician up here or down in Westminster that I think is competent and their single minded banging on about independence during the current crisis is deplorable. My main worries about independence are the currency issue i.e. we are never going to be allowed to carry on using Sterling, easily at least, the Euro is a non starter failing us getting back into Europe, god forbid, and that is unlikely also as we would be way below the minimum economic entrance requirements currently set out for prospective new members and as for a Scottish Pound god help us!!

Re Covid. I think most politicians (even Nicola and her mates and Boris down south) are on a hiding to nothing. It is never simply a case of the politicians doing/saying/wanting something and the opposing parties wanting the opposite. Much of the time the opposition is saying that the politicians are doing too much or too little, too many rules or too few all at the same time. I think that a lot of our rules don't make sense though and are contradictory with each other but I dont go down the road that we should do nothing, just more sensible policies and one set for the whole of the UK albeit with the ability to have regional variations. It doesn't matter what Westminster bring out. Even if it was the most sensible, well thought out, reasonable proposal ever the SNP and the Welsh/Irish governments would come up with something different just for the hell of it.

I've voted various ways in the past and have little time for politicians of all parties. If there was a Party Against Political Correctness then I would surely vote for them which brings me to my hatred of all the overblown PC nonsense around today. I deplore the situation where you cannot make any point disagreeing with many folk without having racism/***ism and any other 'ism you care to mention thrown at you. My own opinion is that REAL racism, ***ism etc. etc. are criminally underminded by all the 'woke' (and I hate that word too) nonsense abounding in this country.

And to finish

Taking The Knee - Maybe once and I could say fair enough but imo it it virtue signaling nonsense nothing to do with Scottish Football.

BLM- As with most of these protest groupings the extremists take over and go way over the top negating any good in the original message.

Face Coverings - Don't like them. Don't think that they will protect the wearer but if there is even a small chance that wearing one will protect other vulnerable groups from say asymptomatic Covid spreaders then reluctantly I will & do wear them.

On the other side of the fence, the UK government are currently arguing about the price of soy sauce with thousands of Twitter users. That is what some on here want in control of Scotland's health services.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I guess it'll be a disappointment to you and rros that there is no clear evidence of outbreaks in care homes caused by patients transferred from hospitals. Not to worry, the inquiry is still ongoing, you may get some joy still. As long as the millionaire bosses are protected?
    78 people sent to care homes in Scotland from hospital between 1st March 2020 and 21st April 2020 without being tested positive for Covid-19.
    Only 650 out 3,599 elderly patients discharged from hospital during this period having been tested for Covid-19
    This means that 2,949 elderly people were discharged from hospitals throughout Scotland without being tested for Covid-19.
    Eventually the Scottish Government belatedly came to their senses on 21st April 2020 and introduced a new policy that patients had to have two negative Covid-19 tests before they were allowed to leave hospital. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54719827
    Yet another case of ‘shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted’.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    "islaydarkblue

Like you I have been waiting for the poster who was complaining about not enough football topics on this forum to set up his own topics. .

Take your point Returnofrross, I haven't thought of any new topics to start re football.....yet! And Douglas re "All talk and no action" I have been posting on here since 2013 but am not a prolific poster indeed not likely to start many topics but contributing when I felt I wanted/needed to. I have tended to post more on the Dark Blues site but that is just my choice. A few years ago I got into a few verbal rammies with some of the many numpties over on Dayglo Mad but have had little to say of late - that may change!

However on the basis that if you can't beat them join them here are a few of my non football views. I cant disagree with anything in your OP on this topic Returnofrros. My political views are that Independence would be an utter disaster for Scotland. I can hardly name one SNP politician up here or down in Westminster that I think is competent and their single minded banging on about independence during the current crisis is deplorable. My main worries about independence are the currency issue i.e. we are never going to be allowed to carry on using Sterling, easily at least, the Euro is a non starter failing us getting back into Europe, god forbid, and that is unlikely also as we would be way below the minimum economic entrance requirements currently set out for prospective new members and as for a Scottish Pound god help us!!

Re Covid. I think most politicians (even Nicola and her mates and Boris down south) are on a hiding to nothing. It is never simply a case of the politicians doing/saying/wanting something and the opposing parties wanting the opposite. Much of the time the opposition is saying that the politicians are doing too much or too little, too many rules or too few all at the same time. I think that a lot of our rules don't make sense though and are contradictory with each other but I dont go down the road that we should do nothing, just more sensible policies and one set for the whole of the UK albeit with the ability to have regional variations. It doesn't matter what Westminster bring out. Even if it was the most sensible, well thought out, reasonable proposal ever the SNP and the Welsh/Irish governments would come up with something different just for the hell of it.

I've voted various ways in the past and have little time for politicians of all parties. If there was a Party Against Political Correctness then I would surely vote for them which brings me to my hatred of all the overblown PC nonsense around today. I deplore the situation where you cannot make any point disagreeing with many folk without having racism/***ism and any other 'ism you care to mention thrown at you. My own opinion is that REAL racism, ***ism etc. etc. are criminally underminded by all the 'woke' (and I hate that word too) nonsense abounding in this country.

And to finish

Taking The Knee - Maybe once and I could say fair enough but imo it it virtue signaling nonsense nothing to do with Scottish Football.

BLM- As with most of these protest groupings the extremists take over and go way over the top negating any good in the original message.

Face Coverings - Don't like them. Don't think that they will protect the wearer but if there is even a small chance that wearing one will protect other vulnerable groups from say asymptomatic Covid spreaders then reluctantly I will & do wear them.
    Cheers.

Have a look at the Scottish family party.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    "islaydarkblue

And to finish

I have just checked back and you were the poster who was complaining about not enough football topics on this forum.
    Instead of waiting for another poster to set up a football topic on this forum I suggest that you set one up yourself.
    There are plenty to choose from such as the Dabs being hard up.
    I seem to remember from your postings on the DBF that you used to be the person who put up the half time scores at the TC Keay end.
    If correct then that would be an interesting topic to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have just checked back and you were the poster who was complaining about not enough football topics on this forum.
    Instead of waiting for another poster to set up a football topic on this forum I suggest that you set one up yourself.
    There are plenty to choose from such as the Dabs being hard up.
    I seem to remember from your postings on the DBF that you used to be the person who put up the half time scores at the TC Keay end.
    If correct then that would be an interesting topic to set up.
    You didn't have to check up, I made the post you quoted indicating I was the person who was 'complaining' and saying that I tended to post in response to posts but would start a topic when I felt I had something interesting to add. I've done the half time scoreboard thing on this board in the past as well as on the Dark Blues Site. Talking of the Dark Blues Site and starting threads I started one on there some months ago bemoaning the fact that you had stopped posting thereon and suggesting any ban be uplifted! You may not want to post on there again but you are missed by many.

Same I was waiting to see if a match day victory would spring you guys into action about football , but ffs even a positive win under our belts failed to get any of you political guys talking about football , this board is dead as football forum

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Same I was waiting to see if a match day victory would spring you guys into action about football , but ffs even a positive win under our belts failed to get any of you political guys talking about football , this board is dead as football forum
    Start a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Start a thread
    People like moaning though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)