+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v QPR Match Thoughts

I really did expect a win tonight for various reasons, but I admit I wasn't confident after the first 20 minutes!.
    Callum Britain looks like a really good signing, so credit to him and whoever found and signed him as well.
    Matty James is still quality of course, he glides around and keeps control and keeps possession and hes that bit of Premship class we've needed.
    I think Dom Freiser kind of improved tonight in other areas, and doesn't it show he's not in the right position right now as a striker.
    Pat Schmidt & Conor Chaplin both could have had had tricks, and it was good to see Styles back again.
    And hey apart from wishing we could/should have hit them for 6 or more tonight, I'm delighted with that first win.
    Ok it's home to Watford and away to Cardiff next. These are bad fixtures for us normally, but Id also like to think our confidence is really up right now. Well done lads.
    Last edited by Acido; 28-10-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Definitely signs there that the new coach wants to play with more attacking intent .

Looked to be a forward three to me , Woodrow , Chaplin and Freiser .

Players looked to be playing with more freedom .

Early days of course but promising none the less .
    Schmidt just needs a goal. His movement last night was class.

I was hoping Chaplin got a goal because he usually goes on a little run so I expect him to score against Watford as well now? Schmidt needs a few starts to get his confidence up, I think he has real potential but hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip.

should have scored 7 or 8 QPR didn't look interested after they went to 10 men but did decide to play in the second half we still look iffy at the back those first 10 mins i thought we was going to let a few in. and the amount of shots and headers straight at their keeper unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    You feeling ok?
    Tha knows me Jules. I always praise when praise is due. I predicted a 2-0 win in the Prediction League. It worrall set up forra win last neet--first game under new manager, QPR on a bad run of form. Throw in a sending off and an own goal and tha cuddant go wrong.

Accud allus a written this--

QPR were all over the Reds in the first 20 mins and could have easily been 2-0 up. Oduor was being run ragged but a succession of crosses went to waste. The game changed dramatically, just like at Stoke, when a key QPR Centre Back, who was controlling everything Barnsley could throw at him, was send off for a silly last man challenge. Before QPR could reorganise Chaplin scored a scrappy goal from close range.
    Dykes was winning everything put up to him but had no support. Conway (arseoyle ) should have bought him. Despite playing against only ten men Barnsley had to rely on a comical own goal to score again, wasting chances with very poor finishing.

Is that better Jules ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha knows me Jules. I always praise when praise is due. I predicted a 2-0 win in the Prediction League. It worrall set up forra win last neet--first game under new manager, QPR on a bad run of form. Throw in a sending off and an own goal and tha cuddant go wrong.

Accud allus a written this--

QPR were all over the Reds in the first 20 mins and could have easily been 2-0 up. Oduor was being run ragged but a succession of crosses went to waste. The game changed dramatically, just like at Stoke, when a key QPR Centre Back, who was controlling everything Barnsley could throw at him, was send off for a silly last man challenge. Before QPR could reorganise Chaplin scored a scrappy goal from close range.
    Dykes was winning everything put up to him but had no support. Conway (arseoyle ) should have bought him. Despite playing against only ten men Barnsley had to rely on a comical own goal to score again, wasting chances with very poor finishing.

Is that better Jules ?
    That would be what I saw. I just think Chaplin, Simoes and Schmidt couldn't believe what was happening with the service. I bet Woodrow was tearing his hair out.

Only need anotha 45 pts

assav sed afoor wi need minimum 25 pts afoor Xmas Forza di Reds UTFLWG keep the faith

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Only need anotha 45 pts

assav sed afoor wi need minimum 25 pts afoor Xmas Forza di Reds UTFLWG keep the faith
    It's getting harder to forecast our results now because under Struber I'd us down for three defeats in the games we drew. Murray seems to have given the lads some confidence. The new guy picked the first 11 this season that I haven't thought why's he playing?

The way QPR came out of the traps they would have buried us last season. Did they really trouble us in the ***** area during that period well I don’t think they so and we remained solid at the back. What It did do was to highlight the weakness in our left back area again and with the introduction of James in the second period we looked a totally different proposition.

Getting nearer to the finished article in my opinion and way ahead of last season at this stage.

Top priority now a Left back and Big striker in that order and as for Dykes I’m not too disappointed we missed out on him there’s a much better one at Cardiff !!

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    The way QPR came out of the traps they would have buried us last season. Did they really trouble us in the ***** area during that period well I don’t think they so and we remained solid at the back. What It did do was to highlight the weakness in our left back area again and with the introduction of James in the second period we looked a totally different proposition.

Getting nearer to the finished article in my opinion and way ahead of last season at this stage.

Top priority now a Left back and Big striker in that order and as for Dykes I’m not too disappointed we missed out on him there’s a much better one at Cardiff !!
    We'll sign their Butch in January.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast