+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leicester,Vardy & Foxes 2020/

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Wolves had a lot of quality all over the pitch and looked very dangerous 2nd half.
    So what were they superior to us of the entire game and were they deserved winners? They had the 2 best chances in the game but our keeper saved them and we had heaps of chances all be it tame ones but overall were they a class above us?

They are playing myGreek team at the moment and don't look much.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    So what were they superior to us of the entire game and were they deserved winners? They had the 2 best chances in the game but our keeper saved them and we had heaps of chances all be it tame ones but overall were they a class above us?
    Not saying that at all Oz.

We play great football and play as a team under Bielsa and his coaching makes a massive difference. Wolves have a much better squad if you look at them player for player and the depth of the squad.

They soaked up the pressure first half and then played very astutely second half. The goal they won with was flukey but there was a growing feeling they might nick it.

Part of the point being it was no disgrace to lose to a team of that quality and the fact we were upset not to take a point shows how well we played and how far we have come.

If we can add quality over the next few seasons in the way Wolves have we will become a very very good team.

The additions of Koch, Rodrigo etc have started the process and Bielsa is unique but we should get better still next season.

Remember when Martin O’Neill was gonna come to us and they all got their crayons and coloured chalk out and wrote him letters to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    They are playing myGreek team at the moment and don't look much.
    I’d say your team selection would be a commentators nightmare.

Im with the Rev, find a way to win thats all, ive 100% faith in Bielsa, but noone wins every game, so enjoy the wins, and go easy on the over the top hysteria when we lose. What we have shown is that we can compete with ANY side in this division. Cant wait for the scum game, we are going to batter them.

Leicester are a canny team and imo play above themselves with the squad they have and continue to over achieve. That's not meant to be disrespectful.

Whilst they have their strengths and set strategies, we also have them in abundance too.

Regardless of potential result, we already have 10 points this season and 40 is the usual target for survival, so we are going well so far, especially considering some of tbe teams we have played.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I’d say your team selection would be a commentators nightmare.
    I have a nightmare trying to work you out let alone trying to be a selector. I can always just select and Ozzie team you know a lot easier mainly English names lol

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not saying that at all Oz.

We play great football and play as a team under Bielsa and his coaching makes a massive difference. Wolves have a much better squad if you look at them player for player and the depth of the squad.

They soaked up the pressure first half and then played very astutely second half. The goal they won with was flukey but there was a growing feeling they might nick it.

Part of the point being it was no disgrace to lose to a team of that quality and the fact we were upset not to take a point shows how well we played and how far we have come.

If we can add quality over the next few seasons in the way Wolves have we will become a very very good team.

The additions of Koch, Rodrigo etc have started the process and Bielsa is unique but we should get better still next season.
    That is the thing just names. On paper names mean jack it's what they do on the park. When we got promoted I was thinking how the heck we going to stay up because we werent getting anyone and were going in with basically the same team. I was so wrong didn't have to worry. As we spend all that time in the championship I only watched our games so basically for 16 years didn't know what the quality was like in the premier league. To tell you it's disappointing is an understatement. Clubs spending all this money on names instead of producing their own is piss poor. I know it's European wide watching my greek team yesterday reminded me off that as there was 2 greek player's in the team lol. A wise man once said a champion team always beats a team of champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Remember when Martin O’Neill was gonna come to us and they all got their crayons and coloured chalk out and wrote him letters to stay.
    And he has been cursing those crayons ever since lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)