+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leicester,Vardy & Foxes 2020/

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    That is the thing just names. On paper names mean jack it's what they do on the park. When we got promoted I was thinking how the heck we going to stay up because we werent getting anyone and were going in with basically the same team. I was so wrong didn't have to worry. As we spend all that time in the championship I only watched our games so basically for 16 years didn't know what the quality was like in the premier league. To tell you it's disappointing is an understatement. Clubs spending all this money on names instead of producing their own is piss poor. I know it's European wide watching my greek team yesterday reminded me off that as there was 2 greek player's in the team lol. A wise man once said a champion team always beats a team of champions.
    "Growing their own"???? Since when have any of the PL done that? They hoover up young talent from lower leagues and elsewhere, that they consider as threats to the imports to the 1st team that grabs headlines and satisfy the shareholders. They have no "academy" aspirations and I hope with all my heart that we DO NOT emulate their cynical, " money-first, football second" tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Growing their own"???? Since when have any of the PL done that? They hoover up young talent from lower leagues and elsewhere, that they consider as threats to the imports to the 1st team that grabs headlines and satisfy the shareholders. They have no "academy" aspirations and I hope with all my heart that we DO NOT emulate their cynical, " money-first, football second" tactics.
    That's precisely what I meant. First, they allowed 2 foreigners in a team than increases it to 3 then they said f --- it let them have as many as they want. And you forgot to mention spectators 0.

I think the trick to this game is if we score first that will open up the game and we will win. If it's 0 0 say in the second half then the chances for them on the break increases.

That's precisely what I meant. First, they allowed 2 foreigners in a team than increases it to 3 then they said f --- it let them have as many as they want. And you forgot to mention spectators 0.
    With you Oz mate, wasn't suggesting otherwise. Might be unrealistic, given the "money first" mentality that dictates just about what EVERY club does, no matter the level, but oh how I long for the days of 2-foreign players per side" days, not (before certain posters get on my back) because i don't want foreign talent, but because EVERY club, in EVERY league, has sacrificed the development of indigenous talent on the altar of cheap alternatives from abroad (and many if our rivals across the globe have done such the same).

They are playing myGreek team at the moment and don't look much.

This champion Aussie with Greek bloodline not a relative of yours by any chance Oz ?
    Are you to also tall dark and handsome,mercurial,hot-tempered,volatile,have no fear,opinionated,known for individuality with an exceptional talent of smashing plates or racquets by any chance.

Three points against Leicester and we'll all find our 'Greek kefi' mate !

On 'football greed' - League clubs agreed to maintain the league’s Pay-Per-View system in its current format and £14.95 pricing until after the next international break when it will be reviewed.Mmmmm.
    The Times reported that the average number of viewers of the first nine PPV games was 39,000. Some matches attracted fewer than 10,000 subscriptions, and none more than 100,000.
    They said that average was calculated before the Brighton & Hove Albion v West Bromwich Albion game on Monday night, which is likely to have attracted fewer than 10,000 paid subscriptions.

While the PPV arrangements remain in place supporters across the country have continued to donate their would be match fees to local food banks and other causes. The amount donated to those food banks under the #CharityNotPPV campaign is likely to be near £500,000. This weekend fan groups are gearing up for another round of donations for local food banks.
    The joint Everton and Liverpool Fans Supporting Foodbanks initiative on Merseyside has raised £127,000 over the past week. Similarly, Newcastle United fans raised £60,000 for their foodbank while Leeds United passed more than £56,700 worth of donations. Other supporter groups across the Premier League similarly raised thousands of pounds for local causes.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

This champion Aussie with Greek bloodline not a relative of yours by any chance Oz ?
    Are you to also tall dark and handsome,mercurial,hot-tempered,volatile,have no fear,opinionated,known for individuality with an exceptional talent of smashing plates or racquets by any chance.

Three points against Leicester and we'll all find our 'Greek kefi' mate !

On 'football greed' - League clubs agreed to maintain the league’s Pay-Per-View system in its current format and £14.95 pricing until after the next international break when it will be reviewed.Mmmmm.
    The Times reported that the average number of viewers of the first nine PPV games was 39,000. Some matches attracted fewer than 10,000 subscriptions, and none more than 100,000.
    They said that average was calculated before the Brighton & Hove Albion v West Bromwich Albion game on Monday night, which is likely to have attracted fewer than 10,000 paid subscriptions.

While the PPV arrangements remain in place supporters across the country have continued to donate their would be match fees to local food banks and other causes. The amount donated to those food banks under the #CharityNotPPV campaign is likely to be near £500,000. This weekend fan groups are gearing up for another round of donations for local food banks.
    The joint Everton and Liverpool Fans Supporting Foodbanks initiative on Merseyside has raised £127,000 over the past week. Similarly, Newcastle United fans raised £60,000 for their foodbank while Leeds United passed more than £56,700 worth of donations. Other supporter groups across the Premier League similarly raised thousands of pounds for local causes.

MOT
    No, otherwise I would be his manager and be on some coin lol Australia has produced some top tennis players Philippoussis one of them. But we do have a temper and Kyrios is an idiot otherwise he would be on the top of the tennis tree. Think they earn too much like most sport and are spoiled rotten. In the tennis case, they get paid just to show up lol.

Glad to see clubs players and fans putting back something to the needy communities. Wish some countries like the USA would stop blaming one another and help people out as the homeless rates are extremely high for the so-called richest country in the world.
    Surely if a country like England which houses so many different cultures can do it you would think they could also.

No, otherwise I would be his manager and be on some coin lol Australia has produced some top tennis players Philippoussis one of them. But we do have a temper and Kyrios is an idiot otherwise he would be on the top of the tennis tree. Think they earn too much like most sport and are spoiled rotten. In the tennis case, they get paid just to show up lol.
    Kyrgios is indeed an idiot. Tomic is a disgrace. I met an Australian sports doctor once on a flight from New York city to Montreal he described Pat Cash thus, "He is an arrogant, selfish pr!*k. And I'm being kind." No idea why there are so many obnoxious Australian male tennis players. Don't know what happened to the gentlemen like Laver, Newcombe, Rosewall and Roche. I guess its the money. But....Federer, djokovich and Nadal and Murray don't behave like that. I think it started with Pat Cash. He was the template.

Anyway Leicester play 2 holding/defensive midfielders. So there will be room just in front of the fullback. I'll be looking for Costa and Harrison to cut in. klich and rodrigo to make runs into the box between centre backs and fullbacks. Difficult to get the ball to Costa and Rodrigo on the outside of the fullbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Kyrgios is indeed an idiot. Tomic is a disgrace. I met an Australian sports doctor once on a flight from New York city to Montreal he described Pat Cash thus, "He is an arrogant, selfish pr!*k. And I'm being kind." No idea why there are so many obnoxious Australian male tennis players. Don't know what happened to the gentlemen like Laver, Newcombe, Rosewall and Roche. I guess its the money. But....Federer, djokovich and Nadal and Murray don't behave like that. I think it started with Pat Cash. He was the template.
    You forgot Hewitt much of a likeness terrible on the court and off. I think it is the way they are trained from a young age. The last top Australian man's player that I can think of is Pat Rafter and that's going back to the late 90s.
    Did you know what the title of Wimbledon is? It's called the GentelemWimbledon gentlemen's singles champions hehe there is a lot that is not that I can assure you.
    Anyway, my love for tennis died when that stupid screaming cant spell it is it grunting I just could not stand to watch a game after that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)