+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Manager goes

I should have realised that this would turn into an anti-Ardley thread (and pro-Nolan from Davy, no surprise).

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I should have realised that this would turn into an anti-Ardley thread (and pro-Nolan from Davy, no surprise).
    Thanks Magpie_Mania hope your Good. Have you heard Noaln is doing well now as the assistant mangager at West Ham Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Thanks Magpie_Mania hope your Good. Have you heard Noaln is doing well now as the assistant mangager at West Ham Utd
    Isn’t Alan Irvine the Assistant manager whilst Nolan is a first team coach?

Either way he is doing well, some West Ham fans were even asking for Nolan to be the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Isn’t Alan Irvine the Assistant manager whilst Nolan is a first team coach?
    Classic DavyFacts, an inaccurate post littered with spelling mistakes.

Back on topic, Stags have had quite the run of managers. Like I mentioned before Steve Evans to David Flitcroft to John Dempster to Graham Coughlan with each change results got worse.

I didn't know anything about Coughlan but again he was well backed by the Chairman so to go winless in 12 games is absolutely shocking. No Stags fan could see that coming, they were rightly excited by the appointment.

From the outside, it looks like their biggest mistake was sacking Flitcroft and replacing him with a totally unproven young manager in Dempster. Shades of Kiwomya/Fullerton.

Since the Dempster debacle, everything seems to have been a panic move with a ridiculously high turnover of players - again, a problem we’re all-too familiar with. Coughlan never managed to turn things around - not sure his CV was that deep, either, to merit headhunting him from Bristol Rovers.

Added to that is a chairman pouring a lot of money into a relatively small club, and expecting a return on his investment.

Stags are lucky there are so many poor teams in L2 this season, like Southend (this season’s Stevenage). Our former assistant manager may be looking for a new job soon, too, based on S****horpe’s start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Classic DavyFacts, an inaccurate post littered with spelling mistakes.

Back on topic, Stags have had quite the run of managers. Like I mentioned before Steve Evans to David Flitcroft to John Dempster to Graham Coughlan with each change results got worse.

I didn't know anything about Coughlan but again he was well backed by the Chairman so to go winless in 12 games is absolutely shocking. No Stags fan could see that coming, they were rightly excited by the appointment.
    Why is it an in accurate post ? And is that the best you can do ,pick up on spelling mistakes??

Coughlan was a good prospect , he had done well at Bristol Rovers P57 W25 D18 L13 Win Rate 44.64 % for league one. Why he has performed so bad at a lower level is a mystery . The only negative thing before he was appointed is he had only had this one job

As far as Mansfield are concerned, Steve Evans left to go to Peterborough otherwise i believe he would have got Stags promoted, Mansfield started falling apart when they sacked Filscroft, and repacing him with their caretaker manager, who was worse and had no experience.
    Ring any bells lado, its not sacking managers which is the problem , its replacing them with worse ones

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Almost every thread Davy goes on is turned into a Ardley out thread, boring or what?

Oh I'm not in the Spelling & Grammar Police, I don't highlight mistakes like others on here. However yours are so plentiful in can become hard to ignore.

You promoted Kevin Nolan to Assistant Manager , whereas in fact he appears to be 1 or 3 first team coaches. You better let Kev know, he'll be delighted. That's why it was inaccurate.

I agree the appointment of managers is key, and Notts and Mansfield have a very poor track record. Therefore you have to blame the Chairman/Owners/Board for that right? They are the ones who make the decision to fire and hire after all.

That's one of the main reasons why we struggled for so many years and why we got relegated. That's why the Stags are badly struggling this season and have got worse season on season in recent times.

Not Inaccurate, on some sites and news reports it says Nolan is the assistant manager, and if you look on twitter and west hammers mad, some west ham supporters like Nolan, and actually wanted him to be there manager . i don,t have to let Kev know because currently he is already delighted at West Ham , they are doing well. so get your facts right

And obviously you are the grammer police, it was you that had a cheap dig at it, as a tactic to divert attention to what i had said

At least we agree Ardley was the worst manger out of the 3 that season,worse one each time , and i have already given 3 reasons why the reedz brothers have not sacked Ardley, funny enough none of them due to Ardley being crap

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast