+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Manager goes

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Last post I just looked at on Stags forum.

"Survival is the only thing that matters now."
    I get the impression that after several years of throwing money at it and chopping and changing managers, Mansfield's owners have begun to lose a bit of interest and that mood is spreading through the club. Reminds me of a similar situation not too far away, and may have the same outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Hope they get Clough. Statistically speaking he has a lower win percentage than our very own NA and a few know who sh1t he is.
    Would be a great appointment for them at their level imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I get the impression that after several years of throwing money at it and chopping and changing managers, Mansfield's owners have begun to lose a bit of interest and that mood is spreading through the club. Reminds me of a similar situation not too far away, and may have the same outcome!
    More similarities with Trew. I think the danger for Mansfield is their fans get frustrated and take it out on the owners on social media (this may already be happening, I don't know). It's one thing chucking money down a black hole, it's another to get abused for doing so. When that happens, it gives owners a reason to walk away and pull the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Would be a great appointment for them at their level imo.
    I agree. To take Burton into the Championship and keep them there for 2 seasons was a great achievement.

Clough also worked wonders at Derby when they didn't have two pennies to rub together and he was instructed to reduce the wage bill and make savings. Could work wonders if appointed at Field Mill.

Biggest problem with Clough for me is he is very defensive. If you think Ardley is conservative and cautious you should see a Nigel Clough side in action makes an Ardley side look like Real Madrid.

Steve Evans may be looking for a new job in the not too distant future. They could do a lot worse than re employ Flitcroft

I would imagine they’ll go for the Cowleys.

Who is the bookies favourite? Must have their eye on somebody. It wasn't really unexpected with that run. Radfords would have "irons in the fire" so to speak

Doubt Steve Evans would be wanted back, divisive with the fans and basically walked out and backstabbed the chairman.

Surely the Cowley's would be aiming a lot higher than a L2 outfit with limited crowds especially after what they've achieved to date.

Is be happy with Flitcroft went back, would certainly improve them but he's a proven choker at the business end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Lost to Weymouth?? At home!!!

I hope someone's at Stockport has started a Gannon Out thread since the full time whistle
    Not likely,totally different situation. . Stockport were in the 6th tier 2 seasons ago, so are rising up the divisions, unlike Notts who are dropping down divisions

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast