+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Manager goes

As you specifically identified Ardley and you know the unique or at least rare scenario when he was appointed and what happened since then whey would you assume it also applied to the recently departed Mansfailed manager? Only a select few would ask that question to which the answer is obviously no.

I've explained multiple times why he shouldn't have been sacked when we were relegated from L2 and the club was up for sale. We both agree the person most to blame for that whole sh!tshow of a season was Alan Hardy. Thank you for finally getting there with that one, took you a while but I squeezed it out of you eventually.

I don't class last season as a failure so don't believe he should be sacked after the Play off final defeat, or after the bad run in November. Or whenever else the pitchfork brigade demanded it#burnhim

Finally, I don't think he should be sacked after losing 1-0 at Dover in the first game of the season nor after losing 3-2 at home to Maidenhead in the 5th. Again the angry mob both times were quick to call for his head. Maybe they should write a letter to the owners probably more effective than the current approach.

I want him sacked if we don't get promoted this season#proardley

That's as concise and as simple a conclusion as I can give you. If you still fail to grasp it maybe concentrate on the horses or your winter veg and give NCM a break for a little while like Navy did.

Just out of interest, Laddo, would you want Ardley sacked if we were mistaken after 10 games or would you wait til the end of the season (obviously assuming we don't achieve promotion)

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    From I can see their team in lower mid table at best, but, should be no where near the bottom.
    No wins at all is very worrying for them.

With how everything is atm I imagine every ma, and his dog and its collar will apply.

atm - ma !!! - lazy sod

Mansfield are definitely replicating all the mistakes Notts made in recent years - sack decent managers for failing to get instant success, replace them with inexperienced managers, then replace them again. Each manager brings in their own players, who fall out of favour with the new manager, and so on. It's an incredibly expensive and ineffective way to go about business.

That said, I doubt they'll actually do a Notts and get relegated. They have enough quality to finish midtable. To get relegated, they'd have to balls it up on a scale that only Notts could manage, and I'm certain their owner is of a higher calibre than Hardy ever was.

Anyway, it would be fun to have a local derby again next season, but I'd obviously prefer it to be in L2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Just out of interest, Laddo, would you want Ardley sacked if we were mistaken after 10 games or would you wait til the end of the season (obviously assuming we don't achieve promotion)
    Hi Rez

No I wouldn't sack the manager after 10 games if mid-table.

They appear to be suffering the same problems as we did when Ray Trew owned the club imo. THe owner & Chairman's wife is playing just as Aileen did at being the CEO.

The problem is thje CEO of a Football Club is not quite like being the CEO of your Family House, just having a Roller to shop in and a Whirly Bird to fly to matches in does not mean you have the knowledge to own and manage a Football Club as we found out ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Mansfield are definitely replicating all the mistakes Notts made in recent years - sack decent managers for failing to get instant success, replace them with inexperienced managers, then replace them again. Each manager brings in their own players, who fall out of favour with the new manager, and so on. It's an incredibly expensive and ineffective way to go about business.

That said, I doubt they'll actually do a Notts and get relegated. They have enough quality to finish midtable. To get relegated, they'd have to balls it up on a scale that only Notts could manage, and I'm certain their owner is of a higher calibre than Hardy ever was.

Anyway, it would be fun to have a local derby again next season, but I'd obviously prefer it to be in L2.
    Mansfield have made similar mistakes to Notts. Too many managers in such a short space of time results in too many players going through the door. Looking from the outside for me if they were going to sack Flitcroft then they should have got someone in better and not take a punt on a rookie from inside the club.’That mirrors us going from Curle to Kiwomya and for me is where their problems started.

Coughlin had a good record at Bristol Rovers in League One so not sure what has gone wrong there.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out for Mansfield from here onwards. A terrible start to the season and without a manager or win in the first nine games.

As we saw in our relegation season changing managers twice and bringing in enough new players to field a completely different team was not enough to save us.

Who they appoint will be crucial to which direction they go in. Southend seem like a basket case off the field and are the equivalent to Mansfield that Macclesfield were to us. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like Neal Cox is having an easy ride at Sc.unthrope.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Once again that's not true. Use your advanced search facility and type in my username (as you often do) and maybe keywords "one full season" or "at lease" that's what have have continually said about Notts managerial appointments and how long is needed in general to fairly judge a new manager.

As for the specific Ardley situation, it's a little different to when Coughlan joined Mansfield to say the least. Surely even for you, that doesn't need explaining further.
    Gary Caldwell now favourite at 11/8.

Clough at 7/4

Nolan out to 33/1

4 ex Notts managers in the list - go on, Paul ince - I dare you!

They've got two more points than we had after 9 games in 2018/19

Stags (2020/21) W 0 D 5 L 4
    Notts (2018/19) W 0 D 3 L 6

Notts finally got their first win with game 10.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Gary Caldwell now favourite at 11/8.

Clough at 7/4

Nolan out to 33/1

4 ex Notts managers in the list - go on, Paul ince - I dare you!
    Makes sense from the view of being ex Wigan as per Sharpe. didn't cover himself in glory at Chesterfield either

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast