+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes

Think it might be getting time to give him a ring and see what he thinks about a bit of a challenge..

What - trying to knock some common sense into supporters' heads?

We cannnot afford to gamble on TMs tactics coming good(with scant evidence they ever will)..

TIME IS UP Aucks.

The problem i have with your views aucks is that they based around the fact you do not care to return to the premier league, you would be satisfied to have an entertaining rovers side as a perenial championship side. the rest of us WANT promotion.. Venkys require promotion..

Be honest, you would be satisfied with an entertaining rovers finishing, say, 10th..?

I would give mowbray until the end of the Christmas period but it can be painted whatever way you like,this is a top 6 squad heading for mid table mediocrity again.
    We missed what kaminski offers us and I feel we missed Johnson too but last night the whole set up looked disjointed until the second half,when of course reading took the foot off the gas a little.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I would give mowbray until the end of the Christmas period but it can be painted whatever way you like,this is a top 6 squad heading for mid table mediocrity again.
    We missed what kaminski offers us and I feel we missed Johnson too but last night the whole set up looked disjointed until the second half,when of course reading took the foot off the gas a little.
    by the time the xmas period is over the season will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    by the time the xmas period is over the season will be gone.
    4 defeats by Oct. It's already gone.

Saxo - I DO like good football, and I think the Championship is perhaps our natural home.
    That doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome promotion.
    What gets me, though, are the instant changes of tone.
    Seriously - look back through threads over the last few weeks. I mean it. Do it - and Champs should as well!
    A big victory - and it's the fast run to the PL.
    A defeat - and that's it for the season.
    Football simply doesn't work like that - for God's sake.
    You cannot predict the final top six in October.
    As for the managerial-change "miracle", how often has it worked for us?
    Just about any team in this Division is capable of going on a run of four wins or four defeats, which will shoot it up or down the table.
    You will NOT pull me into this nonsensical business of long-term generalisations.
    There are posts here writing Douglas off after one poor game!
    My personal position with team set-up would be greater caution, but that's just me - a natural inclination. However, we didn't see many complaints about Mowbray's approach after the big wins.
    What the hell will you all say if we beat Swansea? Presumably - if my recent observations are anything to go by - a couple of you will write out of history the fact you'd ever been critical at all.
    The saga of Trump double-think has come to Roversmad!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Saxo - I DO like good football, and I think the Championship is perhaps our natural home.
    That doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome promotion.
    What gets me, though, are the instant changes of tone.
    Seriously - look back through threads over the last few weeks. I mean it. Do it - and Champs should as well!
    A big victory - and it's the fast run to the PL.
    A defeat - and that's it for the season.
    Football simply doesn't work like that - for God's sake.
    You cannot predict the final top six in October.
    As for the managerial-change "miracle", how often has it worked for us?
    Just about any team in this Division is capable of going on a run of four wins or four defeats, which will shoot it up or down the table.
    You will NOT pull me into this nonsensical business of long-term generalisations.
    There are posts here writing Douglas off after one poor game!
    My personal position with team set-up would be greater caution, but that's just me - a natural inclination. However, we didn't see many complaints about Mowbray's approach after the big wins.
    What the hell will you all say if we beat Swansea? Presumably - if my recent observations are anything to go by - a couple of you will write out of history the fact you'd ever been critical at all.
    The saga of Trump double-think has come to Roversmad!
    I think the general feeling amongst fabs before the season started was pretty positive. Looking at the fact we had no sold anyone who weakened us? And factoring in the potential strong signings they made. Coupled with a few early decent results. Things appeared to be heading in a positive direction. Clearly that isnt the case as they have lost more games than we have won. Clearly something isnt quite right. Or am I missing something? Did we not sign some decent players? Did we not beat a few sides?

What makes no sense at all, is you suggest Rovers are this club in transition? But Reading are not? They lost more players than us. Have a new manager. Only 4 of their starting line up started vrs us only a few weeks ago in our final home game of last season? But your suggesting they arent in transition?

Do you feel you avoid certain questions? How come you cant answer this? Reading spent no money. Lost a number of players. Have a new manager. But looked better than we have at any time in the Champ in 3 seasons. They nearly went down last season.

It's odd that because we have 2 or 3 new players, like Reading. Your excuse was we are in transition? Are Reading not? With a note manager aswell? Who has never managed here before? He appears to have picked things up quickly dont you agree?

Why after 3 years have we not improved? Why has our manager with 600 games plus experience under his belt unable to improve us? And a guy with 6 games experience us embarrassing him?

You can harp on about beating Wycombe. Personally I said nothing that game other than isn't Dolan lookibg a good find? So you cant put words in my mouth. And you can come up with a whole load of excuses for losing to Forest, Watford and Bouremouth. What about the other night?

Champs - I don't answer some of the questions, because I can't.
    My whole point is that it's often impossible to tell why one club is doing well at a particular moment and another doing badly.
    That is the very nature of the game. As for managers, if there were 20 out there who always did well, they would never lose their jobs with one club. As it is, they are regularly "hero to zero" in the course of a season.
    Look at last night. In terms of football logic, how could Coventry beat Reading?
    Mowbray, for me, is as good as anyone we're likely to get. If we get someone else, I'll support him, but I won't automatically be expecting him to do better - or worse! And in terms of character, we could do MUCH worse. We could have had Warnock!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)