+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The PL is digging its own grave - today's new report re project big con

The PL is digging its own grave - today's new report re project big con

The lawyers Nufc have hired will surely destroy Hoffman and Masters with all of these leaks.

Even the fans lawyers targeting anti competition laws will win against these fools. They have deceived everyone so many times, they are unable to cover their tracks.

All equally as guilty in my eyes - Premier league board, Hoffman, Masters, Parry, Buck, FA, owners of big 6 , they should all be jailed

Premier League kept Project Big Picture plans secret from clubs outside big six

League executives held big-six meeting without telling all clubs
    League chairman had copy of plans but did not inform other 14

The Premier League chairman and chief executive held a meeting with the big six clubs to discuss the fallout from the publication of the Project Big Picture proposals without informing all 14 other clubs.

The meeting – held by the chairman, Gary Hoffman, and the chief executive, Richard Masters, with senior representatives of Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham – was held on Tuesday 13 October, two days after the plans were published in the Telegraph, and a day before a scheduled meeting of all Premier League clubs.
    Greg Clarke raised breakaway threat at start of Project Big Picture talks
    Read more

Senior figures at some of the 14 clubs are understood to be furious that the meeting was held without them, and that they were not told about it before or afterwards. That has added to a growing dissatisfaction among the 14 not only over the development of Project Big Picture without their knowledge, but at not being kept informed by Hoffman and Masters.

An executive of one of the 14 clubs said that at the full club meeting, of Wednesday 14 October, he had believed that Hoffman was as shocked about the plans as all of them when they were published.

He said none of the clubs were aware until later that Masters had been invited to join the talks at the beginning and declined, then been kept sporadically updated that they were continuing for months. Nor were they told Hoffman had in fact been given a copy, by Bruce Buck, the Chelsea chairman, who was involved in Project Big Picture from the beginning.

The Premier League confirmed Hoffman had not told the 14 clubs he had a copy, nor that he had emailed the big six in positive terms on 8 October, before the leak. As the Guardian has revealed, Hoffman told the big six that he wanted to be involved in the discussions and build support for change, saying the executive team, led by Masters, had their own ideas and plans, “many of which already align with ‘Big Picture’”.

When the proposals were published on 11 October, the Premier League did not make clear that it had known about the process at all, or that Hoffman had a copy and had responded positively to the big six. In a statement, the Premier League said it had “seen media reports” about the plans, and condemned them, saying “a number of the individual proposals … could have a damaging impact on the whole game”.

The furore that followed publication of the plans – principally a concentration of voting power with the big six and 25% sharing of net TV revenues with the EFL – largely erupted on the understanding they been worked up by John Henry, the majority owner of Liverpool, with Rick Parry, the EFL chairman, and Joel Glazer, of Manchester United.

Many Premier League clubs are understood to have been unaware before, during and after their full club meeting of 14 October that Greg Clarke, the Football Association chairman, had initiated the talks in January with Buck, or that they had then invited Manchester United, Liverpool, Parry and Masters to join.

At the meeting of the big six on 13 October, a Premier League spokesman said Hoffman told the clubs Project Big Picture was damaging and had to stop, and asked them to agree to a strategic review. At the full meeting the following day, at which some of the other 14 expressed their dismay at the plans having been developed in an apparently clandestine way, all the Premier League clubs agreed to the strategic review. That is seen by some among the 14 as a major concession to the big six, who can push for major change.

A senior executive of one of the 14 clubs said: “Some of the clubs are furious. When it came out in the Telegraph, Gary Hoffman should have said he had been aware of the plans and had a copy but we weren’t told that. I certainly wasn’t told they were meeting with the big six, and only them, to ask for agreement on a strategic review.”

The Premier League spokesman acknowledged that clubs had not been told about the discussions over the eight months after Masters was first invited in February; the spokesman emphasised that Masters had not known the substance of the talks.

Hoffman had not told the 14 clubs that he had a copy of the plans, nor emailed the big six, before they were leaked and published, the spokesman also confirmed. He said, however, that a number of the 14, although not all, had been informed about the meeting with the big six before Hoffman and Masters met them on 13 October.

Dirty bastards.

Masters pretending to distance himself so that he looks clean in case it all comes out.

Publicly: 'I want nothing to do with this'

Behind the scenes: 'Psst, how's it going, keep me in the loop, you ain't seen me' *taps nose

****er

PL is dead to me now.

I love football, but hate everything around it these days.

I have always been of the opinion with politicians that the ones who put themselves up for election to office are the ones who should be kept furthest away from it - the same rule applies to the brass at places like the PL and FA and positions in power in general.

A joke.

Am I correct I’m thinking if something goes to court like this or the infamous takeover, they are obliged to make all relevant documents and e-mails available to the courts and they they have to allow IT experts access to forensically delve into any suspicious deletions etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Am I correct I’m thinking if something goes to court like this or the infamous takeover, they are obliged to make all relevant documents and e-mails available to the courts and they they have to allow IT experts access to forensically delve into any suspicious deletions etc.?
    im fairly sure only in specific circumstances.
    if there is a legitimate reason for either side to suspect internal covering up, or an even bigger coverup being witheld that is within the public interest they can have all of the paperwork and computers seized and the hard drives will be forensically taken apart by experts.

There has to be full disclosure to the courts unless any revelation would let out information that would have someone in danger (like someone on witness protection)

I wouldn't worry too much about these clowns, they have people spilling the beans to the press on a weekly basis anyway.

I wouldnt trust Hoffman or Masters with a birds nest, nevermind covering their tracks successfully.

The good thing for us is, they are all trying to pin the blame on each other, Masters claimed he was unaware, hoffman was suprised, Greg Dlck at the FA said it was the PL and they tell the press it was all his idea, Parry and the top 6 all in cahoots.

I will be staggered if the lot of them dont lose their jobs. I can see NDM and Fatima sat at home getting their case together, laughing everytime they open a newspaper lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    PL is dead to me now.

I have always been of the opinion with politicians that the ones who put themselves up for election to office are the ones who should be kept furthest away from it - the same rule applies to the brass at places like the PL and FA and positions in power in general.

A joke.
    Same as me. Once there's been a clear out of the corrupt bŕstsrds and Ashley is gone I might watch a PL game again. Not watched one PL game all season. Only football I have watched has been football league. Fůck them all.
    Last edited by Geordie1974; 28-10-2020 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    PL is dead to me now.

A joke.
    Aye, well said.

Disgusting by them, hope it destroys them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)