+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I just caught

I just caught

The wee end bit of a report on lunchtime news.....was looking for the Simpsons.

It was aboot the first Scottish international black player..1800 something.

Had the boy harper and open goal I can't believe he's missed that Chris thingymebob on.

Open goal Chris was talking about getting racially abused in the Scottish game and it cut to a 5 second clip of Dens and the Bobby Cox stand.....I don't know why....did anyone see it and what was the significance of Dens?

It was the UK national BBC 1 news

Open Goal says he was about 17 / 18 playing at Dens. He was outside either before or after - didn't pick it all up - and some guy, holding his young son and daughter's hands, was calling him all the Black B'stards, Ns, and other names.

Sounds to me to be at the very least slightly exaggerated.

Seemingly Scotland's also got a bigger racism problem than England. I suppose if you miss an open goal, sitter, unmissable opportunity or whatever you would want to call it to make it clear that your blind granny, holding tightly onto her zimmer frame would've scored it you can claim to have total clarity on everything that's going on - so he must be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Open Goal says he was about 17 / 18 playing at Dens. He was outside either before or after - didn't pick it all up - and some guy, holding his young son and daughter's hands, was calling him all the Black B'stards, Ns, and other names.

Sounds to me to be at the very least slightly exaggerated.

Seemingly Scotland's also got a bigger racism problem than England. I suppose if you miss an open goal, sitter, unmissable opportunity or whatever you would want to call it to make it clear that your blind granny, holding tightly onto her zimmer frame would've scored it you can claim to have total clarity on everything that's going on - so he must be right.

Could be exaggerated as you say but who knows it would be his word against anothers'. The problem nowadays is that without corroboration no one will ever know if such an incident happened or to the degree stated. But in the eyes of the PC army you are guilty unless proved innocent so his words/recollection will be taken as gospel. I am not saying I don't believe him it is just that I don't know if it is true but I do know that he will be believed!

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Could be exaggerated as you say but who knows it would be his word against anothers'. The problem nowadays is that without corroboration no one will ever know if such an incident happened or to the degree stated. But in the eyes of the PC army you are guilty unless proved innocent so his words/recollection will be taken as gospel. I am not saying I don't believe him it is just that I don't know if it is true but I do know that he will be believed!
    It's not his word against anothers' because, as you point out, there's nobody to contest the assertion. Strange though that such an allegedly atrocious verbal attack wasn't reported at the time.

No mention about bananas being thrown on the pitch when Mark Walters was about to take a corner for Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It's not his word against anothers' because, as you point out, there's nobody to contest the assertion. Strange though that such an allegedly atrocious verbal attack wasn't reported at the time.
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    No mention about bananas being thrown on the pitch when Mark Walters was about to take a corner for Rangers.
    Exactly. We are an easier 'target' to illustrate their point in a west coast centred BBC world.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)