+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QPR after thoughts ..... new formation ......but still FRUSTRATING !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not really a game to be judging anything on in my opinion .

Obviously I'm pleased with the win but we get a penalty which reduces QPR down to ten men , it's pretty straightforward stuff from that position with the London team chasing the game , taking huge risks and man light .

Of course we were cutting through them .

The game on saturday against Watford will be the game to make some early judgements in my opinion .

That said it was nice to see the three up top and the team playing expansively after the ultra cautious tripe Struber served up .
    We've had the rub of the green recently and it's papered over the cracks and some people seem to be blind to it.
    QPR made us look like mugs until the sending off/penalty.
    We looked set for a right pasting until then.
    Millwall had us on the ropes and Mowatt scores a screamer that he'll probably never repeat.
    A very poor Stoke get a man wrongly sent off and we can't score against them, and could have even lost, and we get a 100th minute penalty to grab a point against Bristol City.
    The number of times these things have gone against us in the past, we're due a bit of luck, but it doesn't hide the fact we've ridden our luck of late.
    Watford will show us how good/bad we are.

I think certain styles of opponents suit us. Watford is a tough game but Wycombe proved that Watford are not all that midweek. I think if we are physical on Saturday and get in their faces then we can get summat art of that game.

Tuesday night at Cardiff is a very tough game. Neil Harris has them playing football that is not exactly pleasing on the eye but quite effective in getting results by using their experience and quality to edge opponents out. They gave us a good going over back in March before Covid struck. However, our players are learning all the time. We have fresh impetus with the new head coach coming in. Ad gladly tek 2 points from these next two games

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I think certain styles of opponents suit us. Watford is a tough game but Wycombe proved that Watford are not all that midweek. I think if we are physical on Saturday and get in their faces then we can get summat art of that game.

Tuesday night at Cardiff is a very tough game. Neil Harris has them playing football that is not exactly pleasing on the eye but quite effective in getting results by using their experience and quality to edge opponents out. They gave us a good going over back in March before Covid struck. However, our players are learning all the time. We have fresh impetus with the new head coach coming in. Ad gladly tek 2 points from these next two games
    A point a game and two wins would be fifty two points. That’ll be safety. We’ve a bit of catchup to do, but not far off the target. Think we will do Watford and lose to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    We've had the rub of the green recently and it's papered over the cracks and some people seem to be blind to it.
    QPR made us look like mugs until the sending off/penalty.
    We looked set for a right pasting until then.
    Millwall had us on the ropes and Mowatt scores a screamer that he'll probably never repeat.
    A very poor Stoke get a man wrongly sent off and we can't score against them, and could have even lost, and we get a 100th minute penalty to grab a point against Bristol City.
    The number of times these things have gone against us in the past, we're due a bit of luck, but it doesn't hide the fact we've ridden our luck of late.
    Watford will show us how good/bad we are.
    Wiv ed a tough run o fixtures, gone 4 unbeaten and 3 art o the 4 sides we've faced will finish top aif in my opinion. I agree that we've had the rub of the green recently but I think back to Reading away when we didn't have much luck despite being the better team until the questionable sending off which changed the game.

Reality is that we're picking up points in games that we wouldn't have done this time last year, we'd have lost them. Steady progress has been made, nowt to get carried away abart but encouraging nevertheless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123