+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay cut?

One thing that does have to be said is Thank You to the Ogrens.

A £3 Million loss last year and this year is going to be even worse with Covid.

I hope united can get through this with us all coming together.

Shows that the priority this season has to be survival.

Maybe the tightening up to get points off the sheep and st j doesn’t seem so bad when you consider this position behind the scenes

I'm with this but with McLean like provisos

80% but rises to 100% if they get any positive result against top 4 and rises to 100% if they get the win against any of the rest
    I'd drop it to 50% if they lost to anyone bar top 4 and fuch all for 4-0 losses or worse

On current form some of the players must owe us money

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post

80% but rises to 100% if they get any positive result against top 4 and rises to 100% if they get the win against any of the rest
    I'd drop it to 50% if they lost to anyone bar top 4 and fuch all for 4-0 losses or worse

Thats a good idea, performance related!

Makes sense and good its in the open. Seems we have delayed this unlike many clubs. Personally we should take the opportunity to make some players redundant no matter how controversial. King for one. we have no income from customers and its perfectly legal to remove the non essential aspects. I expect any £1m plus bid in January for Shankland will see him go - hopefully he scores a bundle and we can get a few bob more.

All about survival now for many clubs. Hope this sees the players play out of their skin. I trust Orgen's words and he is clearly resigned to having to protect club for season without fans. Jesus the season is highly unlikely to end if forecasts of infections doubling globally every week until April.

I like AJs performance bonus idea as well. I presume win bonuses remain but not sure.

We can forget any new signings but we have fuchs coming in and just need to buckle up for the 3 at back im afraid.

Not sure why peter is having a laugh here - we are 6 months behind them bringing in measures. I think its dire for every club outside the "elite" divisions in europe

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Makes sense and good its in the open. Seems we have delayed this unlike many clubs. Personally we should take the opportunity to make some players redundant no matter how controversial. King for one. we have no income from customers and its perfectly legal to remove the non essential aspects. I expect any £1m plus bid in January for Shankland will see him go - hopefully he scores a bundle and we can get a few bob more.

All about survival now for many clubs. Hope this sees the players play out of their skin. I trust Orgen's words and he is clearly resigned to having to protect club for season without fans. Jesus the season is highly unlikely to end if forecasts of infections doubling globally every week until April.

I like AJs performance bonus idea as well. I presume win bonuses remain but not sure.

We can forget any new signings but we have fuchs coming in and just need to buckle up for the 3 at back im afraid.

Not sure why peter is having a laugh here - we are 6 months behind them bringing in measures. I think its dire for every club outside the "elite" divisions in europe
    I get what you're saying about all teams but although It may well be a season without fans in the ground the clubs still have all the season ticket money...some of things both clubs have done during covid doesnt make a lot of sense...meant to have no money but manage to sign Adam and McNulty...Dundee after players had took a pay cut and United's 3 weeks after making the signing of a player who you would imagine will be one of the top earners at your club...as for laughing at United that will never stop🍉😄🗑️

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    I get what you're saying about all teams but although It may well be a season without fans in the ground the clubs still have all the season ticket money...some of things both clubs have done during covid doesnt make a lot of sense...meant to have no money but manage to sign Adam and McNulty...Dundee after players had took a pay cut and United's 3 weeks after making the signing of a player who you would imagine will be one of the top earners at your club...as for laughing at United that will never stop������️
    Agree there Peter - ST money means really missing out on away fans and a few others. Id heard adam had deferred his wages but might be wrong, if so thats a well done to dundee fo that. McNulty we are paying very little % of his salary (but that may still be large for us) allegedly so maybe thats why we managed? Hibs and Hearts however screamed poverty and spent big. Yeah its doesnt really make sense on surface really.

So i am sure clubs aint hurting over hamilton, ICT, RC, Livi away fans lol

Keep laughing Peter

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post

Sounds all well and good but what if we win all the time? The club can't afford that so there is no way they should plan anything with that possibility, no matter how remote it is.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    I get what you're saying about all teams but although It may well be a season without fans in the ground the clubs still have all the season ticket money...some of things both clubs have done during covid doesnt make a lot of sense...meant to have no money but manage to sign Adam and McNulty...Dundee after players had took a pay cut and United's 3 weeks after making the signing of a player who you would imagine will be one of the top earners at your club...as for laughing at United that will never stop🍉😄🗑️
    United though they'd have fans being back in the ground by now, MO's article says that. This would mean much more match day revenue that doesn't exist right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Agree there Peter - ST money means really missing out on away fans and a few others. Id heard adam had deferred his wages but might be wrong, if so thats a well done to dundee fo that. McNulty we are paying very little % of his salary (but that may still be large for us) allegedly so maybe thats why we managed? Hibs and Hearts however screamed poverty and spent big. Yeah its doesnt really make sense on surface really.

So i am sure clubs aint hurting over hamilton, ICT, RC, Livi away fans lol

Keep laughing Peter
    The interesting comment in your owners statement, is about investing in your youth academy. I would argue that the youth academy at most clubs, basically are a PR exercise, and will never make provincial clubs money. If Rangers can lose Billy Gilmour to Chelsea, how will other clubs hang onto their star young players?
    Our owners may walk away, but I would argue that they have proved they’re fully committed, whereas yours are totally unproven. Let’s see if your fan base have the appetite to save your club, like ours have done twice..

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Let’s see if your fan base have the appetite to save your club, like ours have done twice..
    Stop being an imbecile, why would't they?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)