+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Chelsea Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Ziyech, the Morrocan I wanted a few years ago plays for Chelsea.
    Let’s hope he’s useless!!

Ziyech 1-0

Half time and already looking like another performance to forget.Stephens looking like another dud-he could have easily blocked the shot from Ziyech if he had made the effort.
    Barnes looks way off the pace AGAIN.Will somebody please explain the offside rule to Woods.

Glad Stephens taken off I didnt realise he was on the pitch!! But again I have to say McNeil has been atrocious lacks any pace, cannot keep the ball unable to pass and now his crossing has disappeared he has now clearly given up - professionally that is poor. I cannot see us winning a game all season we are not quick enough, unable to keep the ball the worst performance in the premier since our return

Ben could be back soon to sort it out... says he hopefully. Next two games are crucial
    Back to the bottom, things are looking up.

Well that has to be the worst performance for a long time even by our measly standards.Not one shot on target!!!!!!
    Out of the starting eleven today i can confidently say only Tarkowski and Taylor are PL standard players.Even Pope is looking fragile.
    It is painful to watch.We have no pace, no creativity, cannot pass the ball, cannot go forward except hoof ball.
    Our lack of recruitment is coming back to bite us big time.I wonder what positives Dyche will take from todays performance.We will no doubt here about what a good side Chelsea are and we have to earn every point.Well at the moment we are not earning any points.

Sean needs to earn his corn now....

Gibson gets an assist in Norwich’s 3-1 win over penalty misser Nahkis Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sean needs to earn his corn now....
    Yes I agree SD needs to earn his corn, but I have to say SD always do and those players who shoulld/deserved to be dropped need to step up to the plate. There are too many passengers and what can SD do given the non recruitment situation. Clearly the pundits are of the opinion SD has respect in the game it is for the players to get stuck in.

What we saw today was one of the worst performances I have seen from a Burnley team. Based on the games he has played in I would rank Stephens along with Gibson, Drinkwater, & Wells. When we approached Brighton, they must have been overjoyed as he was nowhere good enough for them last season. Based on our recruitment over the last few windows we have been pathetic. Our best recruitment in recent times came when we had Frank McParland onboard.
    We can’t just blame our current plight on poor recruitment, our tactics have not changed over the last eight years and opposing team have adjusted their tactics to combat ours. I particularly notice today the number of times we had to pass the ball backwards as there was no forward players to pass the ball to, which is very worrying especially when we are playing a home fixture. Unfortunately, we have a manager who appears to be unable or unwilling to change his style of play when things are going badly. Both Wood and Barnes are being nullified game after game and although we have other options such as J-Rod and Vydra they do not appear to be considered as a starting option.
    I think in one respect our players were lucky today, in that the stadium was empty for had there been spectators they would have been booed off at full time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)