+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Chelsea Match Preview

It was again poor, even if it was against a Billion £ Club, we could not even pass to one of our own players 5 yards away.

I watched it because I am a die hard Claret and however poor we play I still sit and watch like a lemon, but on 73 minutes when Dyche took off Barnes to be replaced by the ineffective Brady, I turned off, it was crying out for a double change at half time with both JayRod and Vydra being put on, but to leave Vydra on the bench for me was a terrible decision.

Chelsea have just added £200 million pounds worth of top talent to their billion pound squad. We have added Stephens and Norris.

Seriously guys, please try racing me in your Ford Mondeo on the Nürburgring when I get the new BMW M5 out of the garage. You will lose as sure as we would lose today.

Rocket science it isn't. Easier days will come, and either a Pharaoh or Yankee Doodle dandy is on the way to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Chelsea have just added £200 million pounds worth of top talent to their billion pound squad. We have added Stephens and Norris.

Seriously guys, please try racing me in your Ford Mondeo on the Nürburgring when I get the new BMW M5 out of the garage. You will lose as sure as we would lose today.

Rocket science it isn't. Easier days will come, and either a Pharaoh or Yankee Doodle dandy is on the way to save the day.
    I wish I had your optimism BT, even Sheik Mansour would struggle with our recruitment team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

You really cannot see the wood for the trees BT, we could not pass to a team mate, let alone get any telling crosses in, Stephens is not worth £25,000 let alone over a million with that dismal 45 minutes he put in, McNeil was going around in circles mainly in midfield, is he supposed to be a winger and our one saving grace ? because for the last few games he has been a weak link, Wood seems to have the turning circle of an articulated lorry and is ponderous to say the least, Barnes has to elbow/push/nudge or pull his opponent because he's not good enough on his current showings, its poor and embarrasing regardless of who we are playing because our basics are below standard for a Championship team let alone a PL team.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

I watched it because I am a die hard Claret and however poor we play I still sit and watch like a lemon, but on 73 minutes when Dyche took off Barnes to be replaced by the ineffective Brady, I turned off....
    I didn't see the game Alto....decided not to suffer it, needed an uplifting day...to enjoy the weekend etc....but stiill, your post made for sad reading.

Could not agree more Alto. Things do look bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I didn't see the game Alto....decided not to suffer it, needed an uplifting day...to enjoy the weekend etc....but stiill, your post made for sad reading.

Me too Norder
    Was there last year when we went down 4-0 and got 2 in last 10. Expected more of the same so wasnt paying. Sadly proved right!

Its sad very sad. Burnley lined up 4-4-2, so far as I know Chelski 4-3-3.The team is lined up to be solid in defence ,but what we have and the set up, will mean they will break through us. Why? because we play the long hoof ball,and Pope's long kicks hope to find that pair of Woods and Barnes,just our two forwards against at least three at the back with a goal keeper = four! What can this SAS team of ours do ?A long ball kicked just somewhere towards you is very hard for you to do anything with it. Plus their last defender is together with you going for the header with some pushing in your back.But maybe that defenders header finds one of our mid-fielders? (with luck!) That should not be our game plan, its called 'maybe', but maybe, can also mean 'with luck'. If our forwards do not get the ball ,or our mid-fielders. Then they are on attack,we line up four at the back. That means we have just four players to stop them in mid-field ( our back defensive line are not in play) Chelski just keep passing the ball around in mid-field, they have about 6 players in that area. No creativity, that has been said we have no creativity, but not much creativity if you play, 'hoof ball',the rocket flies over the heads of our mid-fielders. I would also like to see Jay Rod and Vydra start ,at least we may see the ball played on the deck more? Ah well, Christmas will soon be here.

At this rate we are going to be worse than Derby County's lowest points haul in the PL

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Me neither Norder, I was never going to pay to watch it, but I could have watched it for free on't tinternet, but I decided I had far better things to do, like watching the Vuelta and horse-racing from Ascot and Wetherby.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)