+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Burnley v Chelsea Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    At this rate we are going to be worse than Derby County's lowest points haul in the PL
    We're going in the record books and no mistake this season Alto, no way will we beat Derby's 11 points.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Me neither Norder, I was never going to pay to watch it, but I could have watched it for free on't tinternet, but I decided I had far better things to do, like watching the Vuelta and horse-racing from Ascot and Wetherby.
    even screwing with the Vuelta...I have one eye on it, now they're in the mountains, maybe two...Didn't want a come down with Chelski today, but do think i'll risk it - watch the brighton game - got to get something , haven't we ?
    Hope you had luck at the races, don't do bets myself, but enjoy watching them, beautiful creatures, more so without the betting slip

see you proved youself right again Colner....sad bug junkie

....lets go race.

S.D Post match Interview.

"off it Slightly today"....Progress with the takeover ?
    "I know nothing about it....you know more than me"

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    It was again poor, even if it was against a Billion £ Club, we could not even pass to one of our own players 5 yards away.

I watched it because I am a die hard Claret and however poor we play I still sit and watch like a lemon, but on 73 minutes when Dyche took off Barnes to be replaced by the ineffective Brady, I turned off, it was crying out for a double change at half time with both JayRod and Vydra being put on, but to leave Vydra on the bench for me was a terrible decision.
    You cannot polish a turd is a saying that springs to mind , and I don’t mean that disrespectfully to our players in truth but you are asking average players to compete with technical athletes using archaic methods.

It’s a strange world isn’t it we love the little underdog in this country and once upon a time on crap pitches mud and blowing gales the small un fancied team pulled of the miracle of beating the fancy pants footballers from the big leagues.

Unfortunately those days are almost gone and I do believe we’ll pay the price this year of being reckless and incompetent over the last few seasons.

I like Dyche truly I do but as above his tactics are Archaic and in his defence we don’t have the quality / range of players to play any other way.

So we may as well suck it up boys and await the inevitable———- as a leveller we should have 2 points at this stage not one as we maybe deserved a point against spurs , other than that we haven’t been in the games as I’ve watched them.

So in summary our squad was and is still too small - it’s not made up of enough quality anyway To compete at this level , injuries have seriously disrupted us and we are hanging onto the side of the black hole of the championship that is sucking us downwards to play at a level where we’ll find it difficult to compete with our current squad.

Everyone has seen it happening Over the last three seasons and Dyche somehow has managed to pull it around and keep our head above water , for me personally I think we’re in a rut and it’s doom and gloom and I think reality is Dyche May have to go
    He doesn’t deserve that in truth but I can’t see how things will change as it is.

Comparing results with last year
    We beat Soton h -3
    Lost to Leicester a - 0
    Lost to Newcastle a -0
    WBA +1
    Drew with a Spurs -1
    Lost to Chelsea 0
    and Lost to Man U So any point we get From them is a bonus

So at present we are down 3 points (depending which relegated team we use)

With Only 7 more points to come From last years results Plus Leeds

We drew with Brighton a +1
    We lost to Palace h 0
    We lost to Man City a 0
    Beat Everton h +3
    Lost to Arsenal a 0
    Drew Villa a +1
    Drew Wolves a +1
    Leeds h ?
    Drew with Sheff Utd h +1

Things look bleak - how did we get 47 points last year???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)