+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Birth Game

Nearest match to my birthday Sheffield Wednesday 1-1, 28 October 1939 – East Midlands Region

Quote Originally Posted by Oldephart View Post
    Nearest match to my birthday Sheffield Wednesday 1-1, 28 October 1939 – East Midlands Region
    Happy slightly belated 81st Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Happy slightly belated 81st Birthday!
    Many thanks. It was yesterday and I'm still trying to focus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what brilliant info on the carousel site. First game was 20th November 1948 and an away defeat 3-1 to Bristol City at Ashton Gate in Div 3 South. The gate was 29, 663; Notts were 7th and BC 16th before the game.
    Of much interest to me is that I've just acquired a programme of the first game I ever attended v Manchester City - a friendly - and we lost 2-1. In goal for City was the great Bert Trautmann. Interestingly, in the programme club notes was comment about our greatest ever Centre Half, Peter Russell. It says ... "Twice this season Peter has kept Brian Clough, the England B and Middlesborough leader, strangely quiet".
    The Notts team (colours: Black & White Striped Shirts: Black Knickers): Linton; Groome, Cruickshank; Bulch, Russell, Carver; Roby, Parry, Jackson, Wylie, Wills.
    Must have been the only person ever to keep Brian Clough quiet.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789