+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Birth Game

Cheers Irish- know it's not going to be an easy ride 😁. Moved back home 2 years ago so could get to more ML games - that plan gone slightly belly up!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Haha! right eye-opener this thread! Where's Laddo?
    This thread has been a really enjoyable read but you're right, I think there's one poster missing who's usually prolific if anyone criticises Ardley. Come on Laddo don't be coy and get your birthday out ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This thread has been a really enjoyable read but you're right, I think there's one poster missing who's usually prolific if anyone criticises Ardley. Come on Laddo don't be coy and get your birthday out ha ha.
    I suppose it's up to him whether he wants to join in or not, but everyone should have worked out by now that laddo is a single issue poster.

If this excellent thread did take a wrong turn and Ardley was discussed, laddo would be on it like a flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I suppose it's up to him whether he wants to join in or not, but everyone should have worked out by now that laddo is a single issue poster.

If this excellent thread did take a wrong turn and Ardley was discussed, laddo would be on it like a flash!
    Ha ha you're right mate, I think it might be cause his birthday might be the same as Mrs Ardley. Come on Laddo there's no shame in anyone's birthday on here, we all support Notts as it is we're used to being embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Come on Laddo!

Get your age out,
    Get your age out,
    Get your age out for the lads,
    Getttt your age out for the lads!

... what brilliant info on the carousel site. First game was 20th November 1948 and an away defeat 3-1 to Bristol City at Ashton Gate in Div 3 South. The gate was 29, 663; Notts were 7th and BC 16th before the game.
    Of much interest to me is that I've just acquired a programme of the first game I ever attended v Manchester City - a friendly - and we lost 2-1. In goal for City was the great Bert Trautmann. Interestingly, in the programme club notes was comment about our greatest ever Centre Half, Peter Russell. It says ... "Twice this season Peter has kept Brian Clough, the England B and Middlesborough leader, strangely quiet".
    The Notts team (colours: Black & White Striped Shirts: Black Knickers): Linton; Groome, Cruickshank; Bulch, Russell, Carver; Roby, Parry, Jackson, Wylie, Wills.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what brilliant info on the carousel site. First game was 20th November 1948 and an away defeat 3-1 to Bristol City at Ashton Gate in Div 3 South. The gate was 29, 663; Notts were 7th and BC 16th before the game.
    Of much interest to me is that I've just acquired a programme of the first game I ever attended v Manchester City - a friendly - and we lost 2-1. In goal for City was the great Bert Trautmann. Interestingly, in the programme club notes was comment about our greatest ever Centre Half, Peter Russell. It says ... "Twice this season Peter has kept Brian Clough, the England B and Middlesborough leader, strangely quiet".
    The Notts team (colours: Black & White Striped Shirts: Black Knickers): Linton; Groome, Cruickshank; Bulch, Russell, Carver; Roby, Parry, Jackson, Wylie, Wills.
    Love a pair of black knickers me

Peter Russell.....My all time favorite Notts player.Name:  4.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  2.4 KB
    Last edited by americanpie; 31-10-2020 at 04:19 PM.

... before brick sh1t houses, there was Peter Russell ...

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Really nice to see lots of people posting on this thread you don’t normally hear much from and it’s been great looking back on all those games either by memory or online.
    Probably because it asn't been infested by pointless arguing.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast