+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Ball has pegged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I quite liked Hale and Pace .
    There's always one

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    There's always one
    And if there were two I'd probably be both of 'em .

My Dad and his mate wrote jokes and ideas for scripts for Morecambe and Wise. As a kid I met them two or three times. Really nice and made a big fuss of me. When they stayed at the Albany Hotel my Dad and his mate would spend the day in their suite discussing ideas. When they got rid of Sid and Dick their long term script writers they offered the job full time to my Dad and mate but after a lot of soul searching they declined the job full time as they were worried in case the ideas dried up. So they carried on writing as and when they had an idea. When my Dad was ill with cancer Eric sent him a copy of his book with a message inside of ''you copied my hair, you copied my act now copy me again and get well.'' Alas the cancer took him but I know the sentiment cheered my Dad up.

Always sad when someone dies, especially at the moment with this sh**ty virus, but as far as I am concerned, Cannon and Ball were just unfunny.

I can't believe I've only just noticed this thread.
    As a t*een then, I liked Cannon & Ball in the mid 80s.
    But yes I definitely loved Hale & Pace and their obvious more risky offensive style of humour in the 90s.
    However back to subject, Rip to Bobby Ball, what a shame that we've lost him and Eddie Large this year due to this appalling virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I can't believe I've only just noticed this thread.
    As a t*een then, I liked Cannon & Ball in the mid 80s.
    But yes I definitely loved Hale & Pace and their obvious more risky offensive style of humour in the 90s.
    However back to subject, Rip to Bobby Ball, what a shame that we've lost him and Eddie Large this year due to this appalling virus.
    A devastating loss to comedy.

I’d liken it to the day I found a Marathon had become a Snickers bar.

Never quite got over it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A devastating loss to comedy.
    I’d liken it to the day I found a Marathon had become a Snickers bar.
    Never quite got over it.
    That's not very classy is it eh uncle Mick ?. Why do you choose to take the 'mick' like that anyway on this subject ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 09-11-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That's not very classy is it eh uncle Mick ?. Why do you choose to take the 'mick' like that anyway on this subject ?.
    Well for a not very funny person he did really well, working up until his death in the comedy, ‘Not Going Out’

If Cannon and Ball were so bad I wonder how they were prime time viewing back in the day and made a fair stash of cash.

I do remember a series called ‘Grumpy Old Men’. They’d not need to look further than this board to find replacements for a re-make of that.

Rip fella.

I always wondered how awful acts are popular as well.
    I have always wondered what sort of person used to go to a record store, pay cash for stuff like Shaddup Your Face and The Birdie Song, then take them home and listen to them.

"what sort of person used to go...pay cash for..........The Birdie Song"

The same kind of simpletons who used to dance to it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)