+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Ball has pegged out.

Bobby Ball has pegged out.

I can honestly say that I never found anything remotely funny about the annoying little t w@ t or his sour faced partner. Pub act at best the same as Little and Large, made a living out of repetitive dross.
    Cannon and Ball were nasty pieces of work by most people's accounts, and very big headed.
    Compare them with real comic geniuses Laurel and Hardy, who were both hilarious and always had time for the public. Stan Laurel was in the phone book and spoke to fan's personally.
    So long Bobby, yow wow be missed.

Anybody who has to shout one stupid catchphrase is some way short of being a “comedy legend”.

He reminded me of Hitler with a perm.

A few years back I was in Tenerife and C&B were in a hotel bar I was in along with a few mates on a stag do. One of our party went over to them after much drinking having being convinced by the rest of us it was in fact The Chuckle Brothers. He walked over to Ball who was at the end of the bar and came out with the Chuckle Brothers catchphrase. "Me to you, You to me" Bobby Ball just glared at him and said 'wrong fu**ing act pal"

Flying back, we saw them queuing for a Manchester flight at the airport. As a couple of our party shouted out the same catchphrase, Ball put his fingers up as he walked off whilst mouthing f*** ***. By contrast I found myself stood next to Norman Wisdom once at The Isle of Man airport. Absolute gent. Couldn't have been nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    A few years back I was in Tenerife and C&B were in a hotel bar I was in along with a few mates on a stag do. One of our party went over to them after much drinking having being convinced by the rest of us it was in fact The Chuckle Brothers. He walked over to Ball who was at the end of the bar and came out with the Chuckle Brothers catchphrase. "Me to you, You to me" Bobby Ball just glared at him and said 'wrong fu**ing act pal"..........
    I can't say I blame Mr Ball for his response as it must have been a very deflating experience for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I can't say I blame Mr Ball for his response as it must have been a very deflating experience for him.
    It probably was 68. He just came across as a very cantankerous individual which made it even funnier

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    A few years back I was in Tenerife and C&B were in a hotel bar I was in along with a few mates on a stag do. One of our party went over to them after much drinking having being convinced by the rest of us it was in fact The Chuckle Brothers. He walked over to Ball who was at the end of the bar and came out with the Chuckle Brothers catchphrase. "Me to you, You to me" Bobby Ball just glared at him and said 'wrong fu**ing act pal"

Flying back, we saw them queuing for a Manchester flight at the airport. As a couple of our party shouted out the same catchphrase, Ball put his fingers up as he walked off whilst mouthing f*** ***. By contrast I found myself stood next to Norman Wisdom once at The Isle of Man airport. Absolute gent. Couldn't have been nicer.
    When I worked at Hepworth Menswear in Solihull my manager Phil was big mates with so called “comedian” Don MacLean ( him off Crackerjack ) and he was one miserable, arrogant son of a b I t c h.........an absolute t w a t!

Another time an Irish comedian called Charlie Daze ( see link below ) who’s been on The Comedians TV show came in to buy a pair of shoes and I served him.

“Oil take a pair of doze brown ones on der top shelf in a soize 9” said Charlie in a thick Irish accent,

I went to fetch them and handed him the first one to try on,

“Just wrap ‘em up lad, Oi can’t be a r s e d to try dem on” said Charlie,

“But Mr Daze” I said.......”all makes vary a bit in fit so it’s best if you try before you buy”,

Charlie replied........”Don’t worry about dat moi lad.....if der shoes don’t fit I’ll wear the f e c kin box” 😆😆😆

Just a naturally funny man.

Here he is,

https://www.google.com/search?q=char...w9Hn3Vf_cw8B_M

A mate of mine has a lot of contacts in the entertainment business as his mum worked behind the scenes and he’s friends with people like Belinda Carlisle and Marti Pellow amongst others.

He was telling me that Peter Kay is not well liked off stage and is a colossal knob......I found that to be a shame if true as he’s my favourite comedian.

Sometimes I guess it is just an act.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 29-10-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I can honestly say that I never found anything remotely funny about the annoying little t w@ t or his sour faced partner. Pub act at best the same as Little and Large, made a living out of repetitive dross.
    Cannon and Ball were nasty pieces of work by most people's accounts, and very big headed.
    Compare them with real comic geniuses Laurel and Hardy, who were both hilarious and always had time for the public. Stan Laurel was in the phone book and spoke to fan's personally.

I agree there Des - useless pair of ****s! The Little and Large Act ( Corbyn and Abbott ) were more entertaining especially hearing of her sat on top of his face

Oh dear, what an appalling thought!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    They were about as funny as Peters and Lee. We aint really been that blessed with funny double acts. M and Wise, maybe, Two Ronnies, possibly but Hale and Pace wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    They were about as funny as Peters and Lee. We aint really been that blessed with funny double acts. M and Wise, maybe, Two Ronnies, possibly but Hale and Pace wtf.
    I quite liked Hale and Pace .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)