+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coalition Government

Coalition Government

I don't know how many of you will agree with me on this but I firmly believe that we would be better served with a coalition government. This would eradicate the majority of political issues and therefore cocentrate the minds to what is actually best for the country as a whole. There is far too much 'points scoring' which isn't helping. I also believe that the four countries should also be doing the same thing.
    I agree that there are individuals and groups of individuals who completely ignore the rules and regulations but I also think that because of varying rules and regulations there are people who don't fully understand what they are allowed or not allowed to do. As time goes on it is becoming more and more confusing.
    The only way that we will beat this pandemic is by uniformity and by all sections of government getting together to decide what is the best action to take. To be perfectly honest, I feel that the situation at present is completely chaotic and getting worse by the minute!

It's all about point scoring isn't it? If Tories said black labour would say white.
    I haven't much time for any of them today.
    One thing they all agree on is a big pay rise for themselves every year.
    Round of applause for the NHS worker's.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I don't know how many of you will agree with me on this but I firmly believe that we would be better served with a coalition government. This would eradicate the majority of political issues and therefore cocentrate the minds to what is actually best for the country as a whole. There is far too much 'points scoring' which isn't helping. I also believe that the four countries should also be doing the same thing.
    I agree that there are individuals and groups of individuals who completely ignore the rules and regulations but I also think that because of varying rules and regulations there are people who don't fully understand what they are allowed or not allowed to do. As time goes on it is becoming more and more confusing.
    The only way that we will beat this pandemic is by uniformity and by all sections of government getting together to decide what is the best action to take. To be perfectly honest, I feel that the situation at present is completely chaotic and getting worse by the minute!
    I just can't see a coalition Government working. Politics is too partisan and separatist for that to happen - even if it would be for the greater good. Who would make the final decision? And would Starmer agree to go along with it if it wasn't his decision? And as painful as it is, the Tories won the election so they have the right to govern until the next election.

As for the Union, we might as well break it up now. Brexit was a catalyst for that. Its just a matter of time.

Having listened to Starmer failing to answer direct questions about antisemitism at his press conference today I don’t think he’d be capable of making a sensible decision.

He shut down every question about expelling Corbyn and his cohorts and failed to say he would welcome back people like Luciana Berger who where driven out of the party by bullying.

I have to say his performance shocked me, this was his opportunity to wipe the slate clean and promise to purge his party.

Sir “Hindsight” put in a very poor performance.

As for a coalition.......I have said previously I think this would be helpful but with Cummings controlling “the hive” this won’t happen.

It was a bit like when we had the Tory/Lib Dem thing. They ended up horse trading and breaking promises to their own voters they said wouldn't be broken so I'd wait for the next election and let the voters speak.

The real issue here on all sides is that we now have a glut of career politicians. Years ago we seemed to have a higher % of politicians who were in politics because of conviction to make things better regardless of being to the right or the left. Now we have all sorts of pointless entities who's main concern is looking after themselves. This to me is our problem. Just look no further than the handling of this crisis.

Coalition? So just when greater focus is required we add more cooks and their ladels to stir the broth in different directions? No ta. When the 'right' hand of a man wearing a blindfold (Johnson) doesn't know what his 'left' one's doing (Starmer), you don't need a third hand coming up the middle (the rest) from nowhere to assist the other two in wiping the collective's backside. You'd end up totally in the shyt. We're at the (finger) tip of things as it is and we don't want to be knuckle deep. It'd be all fingers and thumbs and an accident waiting to happen. The '(w)hole' thought sounds @rse to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Having listened to Starmer failing to answer direct questions about antisemitism at his press conference today I don’t think he’d be capable of making a sensible decision.

He shut down every question about expelling Corbyn and his cohorts and failed to say he would welcome back people like Luciana Berger who where driven out of the party by bullying.

I have to say his performance shocked me, this was his opportunity to wipe the slate clean and promise to purge his party.

As for a coalition.......I have said previously I think this would be helpful but with Cummings controlling “the hive” this won’t happen.

Totally agree with you Mick! I did have a soft spot for Boris before he came PM but now feel he's a bumbling old fool - how the f uck did he go to Oxbridge as he can hardly get his words out. Too slow with the pandemic and does not know what the hell he's doing. I dislike Sturgeon but God does she come across far better than this old fool, and decisive too, even if it's point scoring on getting one up. Then again getting one up on Boris is not that difficult!

We are doomed! Patel and Rishi are the only two sensible ones and I know some don't like Patel but at least she comes across as hard and decisive unlike the bumbling old fool! Brexit - doomed with this chap, as he can't even sort out those mother f ucker dinghies crossing the channel!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

He shut down every question about expelling Corbyn and his cohorts and failed to say he would welcome back people like Luciana Berger who where driven out of the party by

Corbyn has been suspended from the Labour Party and the whip removed. What an endiitement on the leader of a political party!

Indicative of the state of politics in our country. Labour MPs on the radio at the moment and it would appear as if none of them were aware that this problem was actually real. If the chunk of land that is Westminster broke off and floated off down the Thames and out to sea, how much would we miss it?

I went off Corbyn when he tried to overturn a democratic vote on Brexit to try and grab power despite initially saying that he wouldn't. Anyone who goes back on their word is not to be trusted.
    If that wasn't bad enough he turns up in Wolverhampton in a Wolves scarf and then went to Birmingham and shouted Up the Villa.
    Desperate or what?
    Now in hindsight i am glad he lost by a landslide.
    Up the fec kin Villa, what a t w@t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)