+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aucks

That’s it, play nicely boys 👍.
    72 , u wanna be doin lottery wen u get bak , as Lady Luck seems to be smiling down on you.😉. PS I got myself a Morellino di Scansano yest as a cheer me up, as a Sangiovese I assume you approve .

Another ‘blip’ on our attempt to ‘make the jump’, but hey oh that’s how the dice rolls.

A thought 🤔: am I the only one who actually resides within the bounds of BwD ??? On this here forum.
    Just like Aucks I have no real desire to rejoin the ‘elite’ tier, even though I accept for many it is seen as the only place to be. Financially in these increased problematic times even more so.
    Being a b+b resident, I will chance my arm and offer my take on the whole issue of BRFC.
    Given my/their towns geographical position, sizing, history and demographic is it really any wonder we are where we are?
    For me there are many factors at play, in fact far too many to list on here.
    As it stands now, given the current crisis and with that the way it is being handled, almost everyone no matter where are going to be affected. However, I can firmly predict we amongst the less privileged areas will suffer more than others. As is always the case and with that the fortunes of the club.
    There is absolutely no doubt the supporting fan base will suffer further.
    As for financial stability - who can say. I gave up a long time back trying to determine Venkys thinking and strategy.
    One glimmer of light is new kids on the block - Issa brothers (a powerhouse growing, big time). Who for now remain ‘locals’ to a degree. Would they decide at some point it maybe would be ‘fun’ to dabble in ‘the game’.

With all that’s going on in this here world I can only spend a portion of my time musing over BRFC’s future.
    It’s a sad fact that for me that’s just how it is, maybe due to my advancing years and given that I have such happy memories of games and events way way back when I was much younger and we had nowt they’re just has resonant as the 90’s glory era. That’s Father Time for you I suppose.

Anyhow on a more cheery note : is Trump coming to the end of his tenure🤔🤪😂

Keep well guys.

Ah, there you are

As stated before, I'd be happy in the Championship but circa £200m if debt demands a season in the Premiership. Just one season without player investment would do it.

I do take the points about the PL. I'm just not sure I relish being in such an uneven playing-field. Having said that, the standard "top six" don't look quite as secure as usual at the moment, but they always seem to pull clear after Christmas.

My main problem in terms of character is that I rely too much on logic, and I don't let enough emotion in. (Ask my wife!).

I DO get quite passionate about politics, but that's in my blood. I have tried to avoid that topic on here ever since I found myself in open conflict with the Thatcherites!

Saxo - you asked about life here and COVID. To be honest, we feel blessed. We miss England very badly at times, but at the moment, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here.
    My wife's brother (the Northampton supporter!) had a triple-bypass operation at Papworth and was not allowed any visitors for three weeks. That is very tough. One of my son's friends here - a Welsh lad - got the news last week that his dad - having apparently recovered from COVID - was rushed back into hospital with complications, five weeks later, and died overnight. His mum told him to stay in NZ, rather than returning for the funeral, because she didn't want him and his kids put at risk.
    We have more or less been spared all that.
    I've seen this nonsense on the internet that NZ is in the grip of some kind of authoritarian regime. Well, that regime has just been re-elected in a landslide. In any case, anybody who thinks Kiwis would meekly surrender to authority have clearly never been to New Zealand!
    Obviously, remoteness is a huge advantage. Even so, going with the science and swallowing your ego were examples that Boris and Trump might have done well to follow.
    I look at what's happening around the world today, with these huge new surges, and I have no idea where this is going to end. Let's just hope that the vaccines are up and running, sooner rather than later.
    Meanwhile, I hope all of you - and your families - stay safe and well.
    We were hoping to have a trip back to England next summer, but it's all up in the air now.
    (I've just realised. We should be on our walking-holiday in Sri Lanka, right now, but that was cancelled months ago, of course).

`A thought ��: am I the only one who actually resides within the bounds of BwD ??? On this here forum.`

Nope.

I have noticed most of us are "elsewhere"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)