+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Non League anyone?

Non League anyone?

Has anyone on here turned to non league for their live football fix?

At Dudley Town we’ve seen a bit of an upturn in gates, today I got talking to three Walsall season ticket holders and an Albion season ticket holder, all admitted to having the bug for their ‘new’ local team and are keen for more..... (until today’s announcement of course)
    All of them have said the same thing, they felt honesty in football had all but disappeared until they came to watch this present Dudley side.

To see a family spanning three generations all from Walsall taking on a non league league side from another local town as their other team for me is absolutely brilliant.

I would be happy to go and watch Kettering Town but National League North doesn’t allow spectators.

This is one of the few benefits of being a Step 6 club in the non league system, we can still go and watch, albeit the maximum allowed in is 300.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    This is one of the few benefits of being a Step 6 club in the non league system, we can still go and watch, albeit the maximum allowed in is 300.
    Not from now on you can’t Minn.

Stour have been getting the 600 allowed capacity game after game but they’re playing awful stuff at present.

I stayed away and worked all day today they’re that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Not from now on you can’t Minn.

Stour have been getting the 600 allowed capacity game after game but they’re playing awful stuff at present.

I stayed away and worked all day today they’re that bad!
    I realise that Mick re max crowds.

It’s been unbelievably frustrating at grassroots level but when the games are on it’s been good. People are playing the ‘Covid card’ to get games called off by quoting NHS 111 advice, if they want the game to go ahead they quote FA guidelines.

Obviously things have changed today, who knows how long it will take until we can go back, maybe it will be Dec 2nd onwards, it remains to be seen.

Whichever way you look at it, it’s been refreshing watching Dudley anyway.

I'll be going to my last match tomorrow night watching Folkestone Invicta in the Isthmian Premier League. Will stand on the wet and windy open terrace and meet up with a few mates who go regularly. We're not doing as well this season but who cares, it's fresh air, a good chinwag, putting the world to right and watching live football. I'll miss it over the next month.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)