+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favourite western or series as a child?

What was your favourite western or series as a child?

Mine was Rawhide. I am watching all the episodes again now on YouTube.

Loved Rawhide and westerns like Wagon Train, Laramie, Lone Ranger and Rin Tin Tin to name a few.

I used to like the Virginian, it was centred on a town called Medicine Bow, in Wyoming. On a trip to the States in 2002 I visited Medicine Bow, along with Laramie. Interesting country.

As a lad, I used to like watching the John Wayne western, Stagecoach, an early classic.

Alias Smith and Jones by a mile.

The Good,the bad and the ugly as far as films go......best piece of film music of all time imo.

https://youtu.be/AFa1-kciCb4

Never been a big fan of Western movies so maybe that is why I cannot recall watching the others mentioned on this thread, though I have heard of some of them on here like Rawhide.

I think Clint Eastwood started off on one of these shows, and I love his current movies like gran torino, the mule and Richard Jewell and he directs and stars in them in his 90s.

I do remember watching Bonanza though, with hoss in it. But, I favoured the Waltons, the dukes of hazzard and happy days in my younger days.

Bonanza was mine - always coincided with bedtime though ....

Loved the Spaghetti Westerns - still watch the Good, The Bad and The Ugly now from time to time.

I never watched a western as a child. I do remember parents watching The High Chaparel and when I visited my nan there always seemed to be a western film on the TV on a Sunday afternoon with either John Wayne or Randolph Scott. I don't think kids today have ever seen a cowboy/indian film?

Surprised the left wing media haven't pulled the plug on these considering they contain scenes of white men killing redskins!

Bonanza was set on the shores of Lake Tahoe in the 1860's.
    The thing about the wild west is that it spanned the time between the civil war and the early twentieth century.
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were turn of the century outlaws.
    The Indian war's were mostly done by the mid 1870's, the Apache held out for another ten years.
    I like realistic westerns, so not a fan of spaghetti westerns with fancy shooting.
    My favourite western films are, Shane, Unforgiven, The Searcher's, Red River, True Grit, Waterhole 3, Free Range, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Bonanza was set on the shores of Lake Tahoe in the 1860's.
    The thing about the wild west is that it spanned the time between the civil war and the early twentieth century.
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were turn of the century outlaws.
    The Indian war's were mostly done by the mid 1870's, the Apache held out for another ten years.
    I like realistic westerns, so not a fan of spaghetti westerns with fancy shooting.
    My favourite western films are, Shane, Unforgiven, The Searcher's, Red River, True Grit, Waterhole 3, Free Range, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
    Shane was a great movie, one of the best westerns in my view, series wise Bonanza and Smith and Jones were my viewing as a kid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)