+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

To that great old Liberal MP for Oldham, Sir Winston Churchill who is 146 years old today.

Gary Lineker, that paragon of all things good about footy, is 60 years old today.

Truly a red letter day.

You forgot to mention that Ashley Barnes, our record Premier League goalscorer, is 31 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You forgot to mention that Ashley Barnes, our record Premier League goalscorer, is 31 today.
    FFS Supersub6, that's the perfect cue for our, "We have an ageing squad, so relegation is almost obligatory" squad to start spouting.

[ATTACH=COAttachment 17313

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Even better Super!

What a great day

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    FFS Supersub6, that's the perfect cue for our, "We have an ageing squad, so relegation is almost obligatory" squad to start spouting.

[ATTACH=COAttachment 17313
    You know me BT, I never worry about things like that. The lad deserves recognition for what he has achieved. LIonel Messi is 33 and Cristiano Ronaldo is 35 so our Ashley has years to go yet!
    Bearing in mind that he missed almost all of the 2015/16 with his cruciate ligament injury and then he only played half of last season he has been a good servant to us with 158 PL appearances and 38 PL goals and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    To that great old Liberal MP for Oldham, Sir Winston Churchill who is 146 years old today.

Gary Lineker, that paragon of all things good about footy, is 60 years old today.

Truly a red letter day.
    Bloody hell 59, have you been reading the Grauniad again, Winnie's birthday is 30th November, not October. Can you LibDems not get nowt right.

His funeral was on the 30th January 1965, same day as Burnley were away to Reading in a Cup game. I was standing on a Reading station platform, some time in the early afternoon, when his funeral train came through on it's way to Bladon in Oxfordshire where he was buried.

So I suppose in some small way I can claim to be a part of our nation's history.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bloody hell 59, have you been reading the Grauniad again, Winnie's birthday is 30th November, not October. Can you LibDems not get nowt right.

His funeral was on the 30th January 1965, same day as Burnley were away to Reading in a Cup game. I was standing on a Reading station platform, some time in the early afternoon, when his funeral train came through on it's way to Bladon in Oxfordshire where he was buried.

So I suppose in some small way I can claim to be a part of our nation's history.
    Ah, yes. Same with Lineker.

Typical of me to be ahead of the times.

Ah, yes. Same with Lineker.

Typical of me to be ahead of the times.
    Go on then mon ami, I would not be so churlish as to suggest it's more typical of you to be wrong.

No, of course you wouldn't Mon Ami.

That would be plain silly

No, of course you wouldn't Mon Ami.

That would be plain silly
    No, churlish, but true nevertheless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)