+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another takeover rumour

Taken from the link I posted earlier...... Derventio was a Roman town that grew to become the modern city of Derby

A little more to the above. Samuelson was also involved in the Chinese takeover of Villa and I think also he was a board position there.

My take on this is that Obolonsky and Samuelson are the "kingmakers" via their Swiss company Mutual Trust International Limited, and that the Middle Eastern connection is the (perhaps gullible) money behind the deal, who has failed in attempts to take over Liverpool and Newcastle O and S have been involved behind the scenes in the Reading and Villa sales, the former of which was not good news for the Royals. When the Russo-Reading deal fell apart Samuelson launched another bid for Reading via an American hedge fund (sound familiar?) before Reading ended in Thai ownership. No doubt MTIL will be on a good finders fee (it was rumoured evidently on 40k a month for the proposed - and failed - second takeover at Reading)

Something just doesn't taste right, but if it does go through one hopes there is sibling rivalry with the pale blue Manks? Lets hope Mel doesn't forget to mention that the club no longer owns the ground
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 30-10-2020 at 04:58 PM.

I think it was the Roman name for Little Chester...an area which still exists on the outskirts of Derby City Centre.

Chester is Deva innit?

I just really hope this doesn't happen! Would I like to see Derby well funded and doing well in the prem? yes of course I would, would I want a dubious middle eastern or far eastern owner? No, think I'd be transferring my allegiance to either Chessie or Burton if that happens.

At first reading I thought you said Chelsea......

Taken from the link I posted earlier in this thread.......... Derventio was a Roman town that grew to become the modern city of Derby

This doesn't fit well with me , according to the DT the EFL are in to the final stages of sanctioning their approval . That means nothing they sanctioned Wigans then punished them when it went tips up If it does go through we could lose a few female fans I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    This doesn't fit well with me , according to the DT the EFL are in to the final stages of sanctioning their approval . That means nothing they sanctioned Wigans then punished them when it went tips up If it does go through we could lose a few female fans I think.

Well it looks if reports are to be believed that this may well happen. Not much that fans can do i guess?

A couple of issues, yes additional money is helpful, but FFP restricts what can be spent, so if Mel had issues keeping within FFP how is going to be any different under the new owners?

Are fans going to be concerned about the apparent moral implcations? Or will the fact that going forward Derby could potentially become as big as the Chelski's etc of the football world?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well it looks if reports are to be believed that this may well happen. Not much that fans can do i guess?

A couple of issues, yes additional money is helpful, but FFP restricts what can be spent, so if Mel had issues keeping within FFP how is going to be any different under the new owners?

Are fans going to be concerned about the apparent moral implcations? Or will the fact that going forward Derby could potentially become as big as the Chelski's etc of the football world?
    Swales your probably right most fans won't be affected by the moral issues . You don't hear Man Cty fans moaning about it . They thought it was a done deal at Newcastle but it never fit over the line ,so we will see what happens next .As you say doesn't matter how much money you have FFP has to be obeyed, unless your Wolves or Villa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)