+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cauley Woodrow

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Only Woodrow, Sollbauer and short term loan James are consistent above average Championship players on our roster.

When one is injured/suspended/not match fit we struggle to replace them because the squad is so thin and light on proper Championship quality.
    To be fair SB tha could say that about at least 10 clubs at this level if not more this season given the economic climate within the Championship .

I'm not excusing the club's strategy because we spent £1.2m on Kane when in all honesty we needed a forward .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be fair SB tha could say that about at least 10 clubs at this level if not more this season given the economic climate within the Championship .

I'm not excusing the club's strategy because we spent £1.2m on Kane when in all honesty we needed a forward .
    True enough and we are down amongst the bottom six. All I am giving is my view that if our First XI are not all fit and on form we struggle to put out decent replacements to be competitive. I could be reyt, I could be wrong. Just giving my opinion.

I’m drawn to the bit where he says “it’s not ideal to bring in a Striker who hasn’t played for months” however it is ideal to stick Miller on the bench against QPR who hasn’t played since August!!!!

For me he should do a straight swap sticking Schmidt in for Woodrow, if it doesn’t work out he can drop a striker off and go straight 442?
    I think Schmidt deserves a start and a decent run in the side, there’s goals in this lad he just needs a run of games.

This is disappointing news and lets hope the near two week rest will help Woodrow heal up properly.
    As for up front, then yes its got to be a start for Schmidt. Well its either him, or big Victor or sticking Apo Halme up there isnt it!.

Big Neet fo thee toneet Acido.

Enjoy thissen but keep it decent in them Normanton ginnels.

" it's not Halloween is it? "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12