+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Surely they weren't all Florist fans?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y51GICqL9E

Interview with Dr Mike Yeadon Former CSO & VP Allergy Respiratory Research Pfizer Global, yesterday, 29th Oct 2020
    The hysterical woman didn't add much to that.

The guy made some huge calls, like the fact that the pandemic is over and if we stopped testing life would go straight back to normal, or like the fact that he as a 60 year old male has a one in a million chance of getting ill. Time will tell I suppose.

At the end now and they're flirting with some stereotypical 'full tinfoil' classics like the deliberately lying BBC and shady cabal of puppet masters getting governments to do their bidding. He might be right of course but I wasn't convinced.

His whole argument seems to be based on the type of test providing false positives, but presumably all countries use different tests?

China is a cash rich country that buys rather than sells debt, and they are taking it very seriously.

Open minded but not convinced about that.

The only thing I'd agree with him about is there needs to be more of a debate about different ways of applying lockdowns.

Actually the bit about immunity was quite interesting too.

It's obvious that Putin has got control of the manipulation of figures and he tanks will arrive when we are all locked away thinking we are safe.

Isn't the opposition supposed to be taken the Government to account? Who's that woman who is good at maths and can make up figures at the drop of a hat?

Surely we have enough openness within the scientific and medical profession to countermand any conspirancies or manipulation?

What's the motive? France, Germany etc as well. Are Huawei getting their revenge on the west?

Long covid? Imagination? Immunity. Colds affect many every year and they'll get colds again - where's the immunity? Flu has been around for ages, not new like covid, we know it's around and it changes shape every year.

I'd like to know more about how covid behaves and I'd like to see what the figures look like once the winter comes in before I believe anyone, experts or not.

All of these are from 20/21 years ago.

Last year

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I suspect the flu season will be less and the second wave of COVD not as bad as the first given the huge behaviour change now vs before lockdown when nobody had even heard of a 2m rule or practiced any form of social distancing.
    Australia has gone through its winter flu season and cases are down around 90% on last year in my localish area. read into that what you want. I am not sure what to other than it's a positive statistic, but of course won't be reported on the news much as can't be sensationalised.

This is backed up by not dissimilar stats in the USA ...https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6937a6.htm

Almost certain to be a national lockdown from Wed. Been leaked to the papers rather than properly announced..

https://twitter.com/bethrigby/status...161631232?s=21

Oxford epidemiologist PROFESSOR SUNETRA GUPTA

"I was left stunned after being invited on to a mid-morning radio programme recently, only for a producer to warn me minutes before we went on air that I was not to mention the Great Barrington Declaration. The producer repeated the warning and indicated that this was an instruction from a senior broadcasting executive. I demanded an explanation and, with seconds to go, was told that the public wouldn’t be familiar with the meaning of the phrase ‘Great Barrington Declaration’. And this was not an isolated experience. A few days later, another national radio station approached my office to set up an interview, then withdrew the invitation. They felt, on reflection, that giving airtime to me would ‘not be in the national interest’."

Great Barrington Declaration
    https://gbdeclaration.org/

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice. Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Almost certain to be a national lockdown from Wed. Been leaked to the papers rather than properly announced..
    If that's the case, it is probably the biggest embarrassment yet for the clown supposedly running the country. 18 days ago Starmer said the numbers were spiraling out of control and we needed a two week national lockdown to bring things back under control. Johnson insisted that local lockdowns were the way to do this. What has happened in those 18 days? Local lockdowns have failed to control the rising numbers, so now the national lockdown looks likely but will need to be for longer because the numbers are much higher. This government is a disgrace.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast