+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't let the bizzies spoil your Christmas.

Don't let the bizzies spoil your Christmas.

A bit of advice for all those contemplating a nice, pleasant, civilised, family Christmas Day, and feck the lunatics currently running the asylum.

"Following West Midlands PCC David Jamieson’s ridiculous statement about family gatherings at Christmas, I’ve researched what power they actually have to enter private homes to enforce the “rule of six” or whatever ludicrous regulation will be in force on Christmas Day depending on your postcode and, guess what, as far as I can work out the answer is none.

The best I could find was on the College Of Policing website:

Entry into property
    – Police need a warrant before they can enter and search premises.
    – However, the Coronavirus Act 2020 has provisions within it to cover the power of entry in certain exceptional circumstances.
    – Schedule 21 of the Coronavirus Act allows an officer to enter a property where they have reasonable grounds to suspect that a person within is potentially infectious, and they need to direct or remove the person for screening and assessment.
    – Officers must be sure it is both necessary and proportionate to enter a property on these grounds. They must confer with a public health officer unless it is not practicable to do so due to exceptional circumstances.

There are certainly no Police and Criminal Evidence (PACE) powers which could conceivably apply. Police can’t possibly obtain warrants for every address they are called to by a Coronastasi snitch and, unless your guests are having major coughing fits, they can’t possibly have reasonable grounds under Schedule 21 either. So my advice is politely to stand your ground, provide your personal details such as name, address and date of birth and refuse to let them in. "

Have a good Christmas.

sinkov ---it will be the border patrols on every county border that will be the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov ---it will be the border patrols on every county border that will be the problem!
    There's a lot of back lanes in the Ribble Valley Sub, it'll take the entire Lancashire Constabulary, backed up by the SAS to keep us locked down on Christmas Day.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There's a lot of back lanes in the Ribble Valley Sub, it'll take the entire Lancashire Constabulary, backed up by the SAS to keep us locked down on Christmas Day.
    I love it!

We have to go to Telford for a couple of weeks to stay with the daughter-in-law because she is on her own for 6 months because my youngest is away with the RAF in hot, unpleasant climes and will not be home until next May.
    Nothing will stop us because she is Type 1 Diabetic and, technically, we are her 'bubble' because she has nobody else. They can lock me up later!

Good for you Sub, and you won't be on your own, I think the clowns in Government are asking for a full scale revolt if they try to cancel Christmas, and they may well get one, I hope so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I love it!

We have to go to Telford for a couple of weeks to stay with the daughter-in-law because she is on her own for 6 months because my youngest is away with the RAF in hot, unpleasant climes and will not be home until next May.
    Nothing will stop us because she is Type 1 Diabetic and, technically, we are her 'bubble' because she has nobody else. They can lock me up later!
    Top man!

pictures of a room...with someone in it, telling folk how it should be - sent to an aerial...to a screen on the wall, or somewhere...message received, rammed home from studio fear...."don't worry, do what your told, just don't have too good a time...or we'll send round a few agents, of repression, some of our political police - and yes, it's a threat, just so you don't forget"

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

pictures of a room...with someone in it, telling folk how it should be - sent to an aerial...to a screen on the wall, or somewhere...message received, rammed home from studio fear...."don't worry, do what your told, just don't have too good a time...or we'll send round a few agents, of repression, some of our political police - and yes, it's a threat, just so you don't forget"

Not so far fetched is it Norder, wait until we get a vaccine, then what's the betting you'll have to produce a valid vaccination certificate before you're allowed onto an aeroplane or ferry. Odds on I'd say, coming to an airport or ferry terminal near you, sometime next year probably.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not so far fetched is it Norder, wait until we get a vaccine, then what's the betting you'll have to produce a valid vaccination certificate before you're allowed onto an aeroplane or ferry. Odds on I'd say, coming to an airport or ferry terminal near you, sometime next year probably.
    you'd know the odds - Sinkov....I wouldn't bet against it, but what I'd like to know is, what option for those opposed to it - I mean, am happy to leave the covid sect to their own devices, they have all the facts, just as we...and would prefer it...if they abstained from self-destructive persuasions - but if it their desire to be jabbed into drudgery, then who are we to get in the way....am sure they'd think the same...but if not, then it a big enough planet...am sure there's somewhere for them to go - the north pole perhaps ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)