+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Palace Match Day Thread

That was the best I've seen us play tonight. I wasn't completely comfortable with us trying to hold our two goal lead in the seconde Half by sitting back but I also thought we still looked the most dangerous going forward.

It's clear to see how Nuno wants us to play with our new wingbacks and Alt Nouri was superb tonight, my MotM. In fact I couldn't fault any of the starting eleven tonight, although Willy Boly still doesn't appear assured as he has been over the last three seasons.

We are a team that has to progress. Fosun demands it and so does Nuno. After what we've achieved over the last two years in the Premier League it was only a matter of time before we frightened the top teams to take us seriously and work out how to play against us. Most of our fans I've seen on Social Media have been questioning us selling Doherty and Jota, claiming we've become weaker. I think tonight proves that's not the case. I believe Nuno has a new dream, a new ride. It might not come altogether as fast as we'd like but come together I'm sure it will.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    That was the best I've seen us play tonight. I wasn't completely comfortable with us trying to hold our two goal lead in the seconde Half by sitting back but I also thought we still looked the most dangerous going forward.

It's clear to see how Nuno wants us to play with our new wingbacks and Alt Nouri was superb tonight, my MotM. In fact I couldn't fault any of the starting eleven tonight, although Willy Boly still doesn't appear assured as he has been over the last three seasons.

We are a team that has to progress. Fosun demands it and so does Nuno. After what we've achieved over the last two years in the Premier League it was only a matter of time before we frightened the top teams to take us seriously and work out how to play against us. Most of our fans I've seen on Social Media have been questioning us selling Doherty and Jota, claiming we've become weaker. I think tonight proves that's not the case. I believe Nuno has a new dream, a new ride. It might not come altogether as fast as we'd like but come together I'm sure it will.
    Its a pity this site doesn't have a "like" button ....

Hopefully last nights performance will calm so of the supporters nerves. After three terrific seasons some want instant success, it doesn't just happen, you have to work at it. We will get better as players get used to the system. Semedo is starting to show why he was a regular at Barcelona and young Ati-Nouri showed last night why so many top clubs were looking to sign him. Kilman is really stepping up to the plate and the bench is looking strong.

Palace have some talented players and will cause many teams problems during the course of the season.

Some good points made above. I am willing to accept that we are in fact a team in transition and that this explains some of the patchy and tactically naive performances we have seen recently. We have turned over Jota, Docherty, Cavaliero, Costa and others, however I believe we have acquired players at least as good or better than those we have shed. Just needs patience for them top develop I guess which unfortunately has never been one of my strong points!

Certainly good signs V Palace though, we just had a more serious look about us. Nouri excellent and Samedo starting to look like the class player he is, good solid performances all over the pitch.

Still don't like the Moutinho/Traore sub combination though.

Last nights starting eleven is probably close to our strongest team?

I’m sure Moutinho will recover his form but age may start to restrict his game time, and Dendoncker seems to be better suited to give us better balance with the new system.

If we can sell Adama in the next window for the sort of money being touted I wouldn’t be against that, he’s too much an impact player, OK he’s ‘elite’ quality at his best but that doesn’t happen often enough, and his weaker defensive qualities mean he’s only going to play as a forward or cover for Semedo, who’s quality is starting to show.

Jimenez seems a bit starved of service at the moment, but I think that’ll come with more possession.

Boly concerns me a little, out of sorts the last few games although Palace will trouble any defence down that side. Staying with defence Kilman is looking the part now, he’s going to be tough to dislodge.

Do you guys see Alt Nouri as being selected in preference to Saiss in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Do you guys see Alt Nouri as being selected in preference to Saiss in future?
    I think he will be eased in, there will be some rotation on that side involving Kilman, Saiss and AIt-Nouri. Let’s face it he’s going to have to go some to maintain that level of performance.

Saiss is a decent player to have around, but he may start to find his starting position in jeopardy. Killman is playing well and should not be dropped, while Alt Nouri will be a star. I have watched him play a couple of games for Angers in the French league and he has been terrific, loads of tricks and pace. He will surprise many teams when they come up against him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)